XIM Community

Doom Eternal PS5 upgrade wont accept the HORI fightstick Ive been using for ps5  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Hybridjones

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hybridjones
Has anyone who owns the PS5 and the Doom Eternal upgrade had any luck getting their xim to work and if so what controller are you using?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Hey, have you updated your XIM Firmware to the latest beta one?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Hybridjones

• View Profile
I have used the new firmware and beta manager for a few hours now and still no compatability. never had a problem with this controller for any other ps5 games namely R6S, Cold War and Destiny 2 but when I try to use the Xim Apex coupled with the Hori Fighting Stick for the Doom Eternal's new version it says not compatible. Im going to pick up a hori gameepad mini from gamestop tomorrow but was hoping some other members had some luck.
« Last Edit: 07:13 PM - 06/29/21 by Hybridjones »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Hey, before you buy a different controller, can you downgrade your firmware to this one and let us know if that works?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=92640.0

It could be that the game specifically asks for an actual controller and not a fighting stick.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Hybridjones

• View Profile
Gave the downgrade a try Odin but still no luck thanks though!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
That's really strange. Controller compatibility should be something at the PS5 operating system level, not game specific.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Come to think of it, I wonder if the game developer decided that they would only support DS5 controllers for it's specific features (i.e. haptics).

Offline Hybridjones

• View Profile
The haptics for the weapons are impressive so I wouldnt doubt that to be the case. Im heading home now and im hoping a different third part controller thats not a fight stick will pan out. Really would be a bummer to not have mouse and keyboard for the 120hz ultra nightmare runs I want to attempt

Offline Hybridjones

• View Profile
No luck securing a 3rd party controller at the local stores so I'll just get utilize the dualsense until a proven solution is observed. Is there any progress in adapting the xim to the dualsense?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
It's my guess that games on PS5 will have the ability to query the input device in use and require certain types (like DS5 for haptics). It's just really strange that we are now seeing games that limit themselves to a single controller. That isn't very good for consumers in the end who may not want (or can't) use a DS5 for some reason.

No, it's unlikely that we will be able to make a DS5 work though XIM. We stopped working on it awhile ago as we want to licensed 3rd part controllers to come out (which sounds like this game would reject anyways).

Offline Hybridjones

• View Profile
Oh @#$%, guess it might be time to invest in an XSX or PC if its going to affect PS5 support to that degree...pity

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
It will be interesting if this is a one-off or a trend -- that is, if more games are going to require DS5's special features going forward. I personally think that would be a real bad thing to do from a consumer standpoint, but, it may be part of Sony's business model to try to force their haptic feedback to be more than just a gimmick a few games support. The fact that we aren't seeing much of any movement concerning 3rd party controller support for PS5 may mean that Sony only wants people to use DS5s on their consoles.

Offline Khyle

• Eveeything is proceeding as I have foreseen...
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KhyleWolf
Having the same issue here with a Nacon Compact that's worked/is working with every other game and config I have.
Listen in awe and you'll hear him
Bark at the moon.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
It might also just be a bug in the game, i wouldnt interpret too much into this yet.
Maybe contact the customer support about this, chances are small it will reach the dev team but its worth a try.
Alternatively post about this on their reddit board.

To my understanding the Nacon doesnt work in PS5 games when directly connected to the PS5, has anyone tried a different Hori device with the game yet other than the fighting stick or flight stick? For example the Hori Mini connected to the XIM and then directly to the console?

Offline Khyle

• Eveeything is proceeding as I have foreseen...
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KhyleWolf
It might also just be a bug in the game, i wouldnt interpret too much into this yet.
Maybe contact the customer support about this, chances are small it will reach the dev team but its worth a try.
Alternatively post about this on their reddit board.

To my understanding the Nacon doesnt work in PS5 games when directly connected to the PS5, has anyone tried a different Hori device with the game yet other than the fighting stick or flight stick? For example the Hori Mini connected to the XIM and then directly to the console?

Have just tried the different Hori Minipad setups as you suggested (I had one sitting around to test with) and I'm getting the same results.
Dunno if this is significant or not, but I idly tried to run Final Fantasy VII Remake with the Hori plugged into the PS5 directly and received the same "can't use this controller with a PS5 game" message.
Listen in awe and you'll hear him
Bark at the moon.

Admin