XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20210625] [Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5]  (Read 71076 times)

Offline Rolanddd1112

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Rolanddd13
  • PSN ID: AE4RW3DY
This new XIM Apex update worked for some time until PS5 came out with their own update, which caused this new XIM Apex update to no longer work with PS5 titles, is anyone having some problem?

is there a way to fix this??

Offline stschoen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bo-bo-dad
Actually it wasn't a PS5 system update that caused the problem. I'm using an Apex with a Hori mini and I'm still able to play some PS5 games like the PS5 version of Destiny 2, Spiderman: Mike Morales and others. Even Astro's Playroom still runs with the Apex. Sony gives game developers the option to require a DualSense controller in order for the game to run. Since the PS5 recognizes the Apex/Hori combo as a Hori mini pad, games that require a DualSense controller won't run. Many new games have implemented this check but not all. Until the Apex is capable of emulating a DualSense, we're stuck using the native controller. It sounds like a potential solution may be possible but at this point there are no guarantees. To be fair the XIM developers never claimed to be compatible with the PS5. Of course it's certainly possible that Sony will change things in some future software update that will prevent any games from working.

Offline stschoen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bo-bo-dad
When I powered up my PS5 this morning, the home page displayed a blurb from Sony talking about how accessible the PS5 is and how developers have gone out of their way to be inclusive. What a load of s**t. With absolutely no support for third party controllers and no Sony option other than the DualSense, it's a real poke in the eye to those of us that can't comfortably use the standard controller. You should write Sony and complain if you feel the same way.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
When I powered up my PS5 this morning, the home page displayed a blurb from Sony talking about how accessible the PS5 is and how developers have gone out of their way to be inclusive.

Wow, really? Did they add a high contrast color theme to the dash or something, since, that's the only thing I can think of that could be considered "accessible". Forcing gamers to use a single controller is most certainly not making the PS5 more accessible.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline neuravita

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LousPutthole
When I powered up my PS5 this morning, the home page displayed a blurb from Sony talking about how accessible the PS5 is and how developers have gone out of their way to be inclusive.

Wow, really? Did they add a high contrast color theme to the dash or something, since, that's the only thing I can think of that could be considered "accessible". Forcing gamers to use a single controller is most certainly not making the PS5 more accessible.

OBsIV with the shade......

Offline Boltman

• MVP
    • View Profile
OBsIV with the truth.
Keyboard replacement: Sony Move Navigation Controller l Mouse: Logitech G9x & G502 l Mousepad: MM400 l Controller: PS5 (PS4 hori fighting commander) l XIM: Apex l Gaming Monitor: LG 27UD68-W l Headset: Sony Pulse Wireless Headset

My old config/setup: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=25362.msg306559#msg306559

Admin