XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20210625] [Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5]  (Read 70643 times)

Offline stromdriver

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: stromdriver
@#$% so they really clipped our wings in terms of PlayStation 5 support. Seems like we are never getting it with the Xim :(

blame sony

Offline techwerks

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: yourdeepSIX
Sadly I can confirm that Sony or Sledgehammer/ Activision have killed the support for the Hori-Mini w/ Xim Apex on PS5 with COD Vanguard.

Xim Apex with the Hori-mini gamepad and Logitech G502 mouse.

I have used this combo for many weeks. I still can on BFV, Warzone and COD Cold War. ( as of Aug 28 )
It still works on these, but it would not work on the new COD Vanguard Demo this weekend.

I get the "Only PS5 controllers are supported" once game is loaded, and then the setup is disconnected.
Must reconnect it / restart the console or Xim again by removing and restoring power.
I tried many different startup orders. No difference.

I prefer use a PS4 controller in left hand for movement, and the right hand mouse to aim, shoot, reload, jump and crawl.
I will be devastated if I have to go back to a controller. I love my Xim 4 and Xim Apex. I have used for years to do this.
The Apex has been incredible.

I would use the mouse default keyboard combo but I cannot function with a keyboard for movement keys.
The mouse / controller hybrid really is the best once you get used to it.

I could care less about the aim assist that everyone cries about.

Will be checking back as I have pre-ordered BF2042. Fingers crossed a solution shows up before this.

I wonder if a Razer Tat will work for the movement hand natively on these games.

To OBsIV and the XIM team, thank you for the great products and support so far. It has been game changing ( literally )
I hope we can find a way to make this work on the next gen for all of us.
If so, I will support any way we can.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile - Coder
    • View Profile
Battlefield 2042 checks for PS5 Dualsense controller - it won't work either.

Said repeated times, confirm from a good reliable source.

Offline lowrider82

• View Profile
Battlefield 2042 checks for PS5 Dualsense controller - it won't work either.

Said repeated times, confirm from a good reliable source.

At least CoD/Warzone (and thus I assume Vanguard as well) has native support for MKB. You don't really need the XIM. But BF2042 I think will not. Anyone knows?
« Last Edit: 02:41 AM - 08/31/21 by lowrider82 »

Offline CarbonatedStank

• View Profile
So for these controllers, do they work on ps5 exclusive games that have haptic feedback? or is it just for ps4 games on ps5

Offline killerzone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ViragZsolt
@play Wired Compact
Horipad 4 FPS
Horipad FPS Plus
Hori Fighting Commander
Hori Mini Gamepad (*)
Mad Catz SFV Arcade Fightstick Alpha
Mad Catz TE2
Nacon Pro Revolution V1/2/3
Nacon Compact Controller (**)
Razer Raiju

Hi I would be interested to buy a PlayStation 5 in October and it would be very important to me which controller is used with 100% PlayStation 5 games but the most important is FIFA 22 ?? because I was looking at the Nacon Compact controller, I want to buy it just here it is written where it works where it doesn't, It has changed since then Someone could give me information that this kind of controller works with PlayStation 5 in most cases ?? the original PS4 controller in no way works with ps5 games?

another question if I plug the PlayStation 5 dual sense controller into the USB port and plug the xim apex into another USB port in PS5 then both devices can work simultaneously ?
« Last Edit: 06:33 PM - 09/03/21 by killerzone »

Offline Lukecptech

• View Profile
Hi all,

I've updated my XIM from firmware 5.00.20210223 to 20210625 and am using the Nacon Compact controller:

AC Valhalla is working (no change from old patch)
Ghost of Tsushima is not working (no change from old patch)

I also generated a new config using the latest hardware manager but that didn't change anything.

Hopefully this is useful, thanks for your hard work!

Offline Bann

• View Profile
I'm playing on ps5 with non updated xim apex i have no issue and i'm using
Ps4 joystick
Edit:
I'm using Titan 2 connected directly to ps5
R u serious? If using titan 2 that can be normal like ps4?

Offline Tuplicate

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Tuplicate
  • PSN ID: Tuplicate
any news on the PS5 version of siege being fixed for the Xim apex?

Offline mirgut

• View Profile
Fortnite also joined the club not supporting my Razer Raiju via XIM.

Offline stoyu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: tswiselka
nacon compact controller not working on fortnite in v. 18.00, does anybody have a controller that is still working on xim apex?
another question - does fortnite have native support for MKB on PS5? i never tried playing like this
« Last Edit: 04:51 AM - 09/13/21 by stoyu »

Offline apexprofi13

• View Profile
My Controller works now not  (Nacon Compact / Raizer    Raiju) with xim apex after the update  (fortnite / season 8) an d yes, i`ve installed 20210625 manager /firmware.....

I`m sorry, but i donīt see/read anything about this horry problem by OBsIV, whatīs up here?

Itīs a problem by the beta version?

Wīll be nice to read something this day an how to manage the problem.

Have bought yesterday hori mini,  today w`ll arrive by prime amazon hopefully, tell about this mini, if it works...

Maybe itīs time to change to x-box or pc an sell annything (xim + ps5)

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
Fortnite is not working on PS5 using the @play Wired Compact controller. Not sure if it’s the new Fortnite patch or the new PS5 system update that just updated today. Getting the this controller is not supported message.

Offline AskingAllTheTime

• View Profile
Updated PS5 games Are not longer working with xim apex, there is a small chance that xim devs Will fix this in future, but now the only workaround Is using remote play with PC, this might be end of xim+ps5

Offline Justindd11

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Minisoup9000
I just bought the xbox series s. I have used the same xim apex for about a year. I was using it in the xbox one x. I have the series s controller and the latest firmware on the xim apex and I have the beta manager but my mouse and keyboard isnt working. Help is much needed asap!

Admin