XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20210625] [Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5]  (Read 63445 times)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
This BETA firmware enables:
● Support for Xbox Series X|S controllers on both Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles.
● Support for PlayStation 5 through a limited set of PlayStation 4 3rd party controllers.
● Support for the XIM Universal Games Database system used by all versions of Manager going forward.

Changes since last BETA:
Version number refresh.

FEEDBACK: Please help us test this new support and provide feedback here (even if you are gaming on an Xbox One or PlayStation 4).

COMPATIBILITY: This firmware can be used with all versions of XIM APEX Manager back to 20180402. However, to add a Config for game designed specifically for a next-gen console, you must be on the latest Beta Manager.

Xbox Series X|S Requirements
Xbox has released patches to address spontaneous shutdowns experienced by owners of the console. You may need to force your Xbox to download the update:

Go to Settings on your Xbox Series X|S, then, System and then Updates and make sure you are current.

PlayStation 5 Requirements
Unlike support for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 where you use a DS4 and DS3 respectively as your console controller on your XIM APEX, PlayStation 5 support requires the use of specific 3rd party PlayStation 4 controllers (not a DS5, DS4, or DS3 controller).

Most PS4 3rd party controller should work, however, the following controllers have been tested and known to work (remember to plug into port "..." on your hub):

@play Wired Compact
Horipad 4 FPS
Horipad FPS Plus
Hori Fighting Commander
Hori Mini Gamepad (*)
Mad Catz SFV Arcade Fightstick Alpha
Mad Catz TE2
Nacon Pro Revolution V1/2/3
Nacon Compact Controller (**)
Razer Raiju

(*) Requires the controller be connected to your hub after your XIM has been connected to your console and initialized.
(**) Mixed working/not working reports for this controller.

If you try a different 3rd party controller, please let us know how it works so we can keep this list current. We will work to add support for non-functioning 3rd party controllers if we can.

When creating Configs for your PlayStation 5, select PlayStation 4 in Manager as the console.

XIM APEX Firmware
NOTE: If your browser is failing to download, please right-click on the link and use "Save As".

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20210625 for PC
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x86/x64

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20210625 for Mac
macOS 10.11 or higher

Flash Upgrade Instructions (instructional video):
1. Hold down the button on your XIM APEX
2. Plug your XIM APEX into your computer while continuing to hold the button
3. Wait for your XIM APEX's light to display blue and then release the button
4. Download and run the XIMAPEXFlash tool
5. Select Update Firmware
6. Disconnect your XIM APEX from your computer after the tool completes
« Last Edit: 11:24 AM - 10/12/21 by OBsIV »
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Joe1975

• View Profile
Installed and tested with Apex Legends (XSX) - works (no difference to "old" Beta)...:-)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thanks for the feedback. We'd like to promote this build to be our next retail build, so, any feedback is appreciated.

Offline Khyle

• Eveeything is proceeding as I have foreseen...
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KhyleWolf
Thanks for the feedback. We'd like to promote this build to be our next retail build, so, any feedback is appreciated.

With that in mind, it works as before for me on PS5 with a Nacon Compact on various games (RE2R, RE8, Battlefront 2 and BL3).
Listen in awe and you'll hear him
Bark at the moon.

Offline SLeePLatED

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SLeePLatED-TH
Any improvement for this build? thanks
Platforms: PS5
XIM APEX BETA BUILD
Mouse: G502 LightSpeed
Mousepad: QcK+
Keypad: Wooting2 Lekker Edition
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ

Offline Bloodklot

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: L337AZN
Just bought a barely used Apex from someone on FB and Iím using it with my PS5 using the Hori Gamepad and this beta patch and it works so well!  Iíve been using the Xim4 for years since itís first release.  But I have to say this beta setup is working wonderfully!  Even better than the Xim4.  Thank you for continuing to support this amazing product!

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
Awesome! I did got a random shutdown with the previous firmware but I blame my regulator.

Thanks for your support!.

Offline Mooos21

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: KSA
  • PSN ID: KSA
crash this thing Does this affect the target ?
There is a link in the picture
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-0Zlg0B-zQOWCP2E9jlYWZ6Hb7tfD7D7/view?usp=drivesdk

What is the use of this thing?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
What is the use of this thing?

How did that happen?

Offline Mooos21

• View Profile
I Use Google Translate

The pieces are five years old

Open the piece cover I think it was my fault When opened , the small piece was torn.

But you did not answer me?
Does it negatively affect the piece?

Offline Mooos21

• View Profile
I will buy another new unit.
If it affects the target.
I love. xim apex

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yes, all components on the board are necessary. The one the was pulled off was a capacitor that's part of the power system.

Offline eienowo

• View Profile
EDIT: Sorry for being a complete tool, turned out I needed to update my xbox controller, apologies!

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this, just got my apex, firmware/manager all went without a hitch.

But when I connect everything into place (wired keyboard, wireless logitech mouse, xbox series x controller) xim doesn't acknowledge any input other than the right mouse button (when xim flashes green).

Manager detects all 3 devices fine, and when I plug the 3-usb hub directly into PC, all devices work as normal, just not through XIm.

(I only got Xim on PC because xcloud only supports controller input and I've used KBM my entire life, hope this doesn't derail the post)

What might I have done wrong, and if this isn't the right place to post, where should I post to troubleshoot this? Much appreciated!
« Last Edit: 07:04 PM - 07/07/21 by eienowo »

Offline Tahsin

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: hulkf16
I'm playing on ps5 with non updated xim apex i have no issue and i'm using
Ps4 joystick
Edit:
I'm using Titan 2 connected directly to ps5
« Last Edit: 03:28 AM - 07/08/21 by Tahsin »

Offline angry_pigeon

• View Profile
I purchased a SnakeByte Gamepad 4 S and while it works, the Xim Apex crashes every 5-10 minutes, where i have to disconnect and reconnect it to the PS5.  Does anyone else experience this with any of the controllers listed in OP?