XIM Community

Very Disappointed - Recommend PreOrder  (Read 3588 times)

Offline thebugbox

• View Profile
Very Disappointed - Recommend PreOrder
« on: 01:11 PM - 02/14/11 »
First before the flame war starts, I am an owner of a XIM2 (aka Loyal Customer) and have been waiting patiently for a long time for the next XIM (longer than most here, not as long as others)

I am very disappointed with the communication on when the store will be open or not.  Many of us feel we are penalized because we have a life and/or a job and cannot hit F5 every 3 seconds (which is WHY the site bandwidth is being demolished). 

I recommend that the store idea be switched to 'pre-order' for the next week or two, and live with the problems, and don't ship anything until March 1st.   That way the people that don't get in don't feel like they're being screwed, and feel that they have another week or two to get in.  Unless that is you can't get all shipping sorted by March 1st, but that's a whole different issue by then. 

I also would have loved to see the store opened up to the Previous XIM owners, as a loyalty program, but it is likely too late for that now.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Very Disappointed - Recommend PreOrder
« Reply #1 on: 01:15 PM - 02/14/11 »
This has been discussed in length and I won't sit on people's money like that. When the store is working correctly, I'll start giving times out when it'll be up. I won't put inventory on it in quantities that we cannot fulfill within the promised 1 - 2 days for new orders.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline thebugbox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:19 PM - 02/14/11 »
Thank you for the reply. 

If this is not an option, then I recommend killing all the threads 'I got my XIM3 ordered' threads until the store is working properly, because it isn't helping with the disappointment. 

If they got theirs, fine, but don't rub it in my face  ;D

Offline sync

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:20 PM - 02/14/11 »
This has been discussed in length and I won't sit on people's money like that. When the store is working correctly, I'll start giving times out when it'll be up. I won't put inventory on it in quantities that we cannot fulfill within the promised 1 - 2 days for new orders.
You don't have to sit on the money. Don't capture the credit card until you are ready to ship the order.
« Last Edit: 01:24 PM - 02/14/11 by sync »

Offline lucky88

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:26 PM - 02/14/11 »
hey obsiv can you open the store later today or at least give us a time frame on when.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 01:30 PM - 02/14/11 »
No preorders. I'll be happy to give ETAs from now on when the store will open so you don't have to wait like that. Just subscribe to the "Store Update" thread. I'll do it through there.

Offline McMick

• Time to dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:32 PM - 02/14/11 »
Thank you for the reply. 

If this is not an option, then I recommend killing all the threads 'I got my XIM3 ordered' threads until the store is working properly, because it isn't helping with the disappointment. 

If they got theirs, fine, but don't rub it in my face  ;D

I agree.  I like the first impression thread but what's the point in this type of thread:    http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=9462.0

Offline Cool_Breeze

• MVP
  • Another gamer from down under
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: C00LBr33Zzze
« Reply #7 on: 01:33 PM - 02/14/11 »
No preorders. I'll be happy to give ETAs from now on when the store will open so you don't have to wait like that. Just subscribe to the "Store Update" thread. I'll do it through there.

Thank you

Xbox360 Slim : Microsoft // XIM3 : XIM Technologies
A40 Mix Amp : ASTRO Gaming // MLG A40 Headset : ASTRO Gaming
N52TE : Belkin // G500 : Logitech
Wired Controller : Microsoft // 32" LCD Television : Sharp

Offline gallo2fire

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:33 PM - 02/14/11 »
see no why couldnt you have said this like a few days ago this is exactly what we need and with the preorders i want to preorder cause otherwise im going to get so frustrated im going to end up spending my money on something else instead.

Offline sync

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:35 PM - 02/14/11 »
How do you subscribe? I don't see that option.

Offline gallo2fire

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:35 PM - 02/14/11 »
How do you subscribe? I don't see that option.
same here maybe he will add it

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #11 on: 01:36 PM - 02/14/11 »
You click NOTIFY, it is a dark gray button.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #12 on: 01:36 PM - 02/14/11 »
Yes, I'll start giving a time (because I can start doing that now). Just subscribe to that thread. I'll try to give at least several hours of notice.

The way it'll work is I'll put up an inventory that I know we can handle and keep our shipping promises. If you don't get in on that day, watch for the next notification. At some point, the initial demand will taper off and then we'll be at a steady state where the store will be stocked all the time.

Offline gallo2fire

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:37 PM - 02/14/11 »
thanks abc123 you have been a great help

Offline juliusvi

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: JuliusVI
  • PSN ID: JuliusVI
« Reply #14 on: 01:38 PM - 02/14/11 »
im going to get so frustrated im going to end up spending my money on something else instead.

ahhh kids today. so fickle!

Admin