XIM Community

Xim Apex mouse and keyboard not detected by ps5  (Read 861 times)

Offline Miguel510

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: migzz510
Xim Apex mouse and keyboard not detected by ps5
« on: 07:20 PM - 06/19/21 »
Good afternoon everyone was wondering if i can get some help. I just got my xim apex today and followed all the rules and instructions. Everything is connected where its to suppose to be. My scuff controller is working and the light in my mouse and keyboard are on which i assume work. But my ps5 isnt detecting the mouse and keyboard in the accessories. Only my controller even though my mouse and keyboard are connected where they are suppose to be and the lights on which i assume they should be working. Is there a fix to this so the ps5 can detect the mouse and keyboard?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim Apex mouse and keyboard not detected by ps5
« Reply #1 on: 05:10 PM - 06/20/21 »
Welcome to the community.

If you want to play PS4 games on PS5 using a XIM, you'll need a genuine DualShock 4 controller, not a Scuf.

For PS5 games, refer to the XIM APEX beta firmware topic at https://xim.tech/beta. Only the controllers listed in the beta firmware topic are whitelisted by the PS5 console to play PS5 games. You'll also need to update the XIM APEX with the beta firmware.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Zelazela

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:19 AM - 07/01/21 »
Hi!

Does it mean that I can't play PS4 games on PS5 with an "XIM Apex approved 3rd party controller meant for PS5 games" ?

Or does those controllers work also with PS4 games on PS5 ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 02:19 AM - 07/01/21 »
They work for all games on PS5.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Zelazela

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:33 AM - 07/02/21 »
Thank you! Then that kind of controller is a must if one wants to play PS4/PS5 games on PS5.

Offline stschoen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bo-bo-dad
« Reply #5 on: 02:12 PM - 07/02/21 »
BTW you won't see your mouse and keyboard listed in the PS5 setup even when the XIM is working. You can actually connect a keyboard and mouse directly to the PS5 but unless the game developer adds mouse and keyboard support you won't be able to use them with any games. The PS5 only sees the controller attached to your XIM, not the mouse and keyboard. The XIM translates your mouse movements and keystrokes into controller commands which are sent to the PS5. 

Offline Zelazela

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:41 PM - 07/02/21 »
Thanks for the heads-up!

Admin