XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Why doesn’t it show my controller when I plug it In?  (Read 221 times)

Offline FadeBoltZ

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FadeBoltZ
Plz help me I have tried 7 different cords that all fit but it doesn’t show my controller and it won’t let me use k&m so plz help me out
« Last Edit: 10:00 AM - 06/14/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Why doesn’t it show my controller when I plug it In?
« Reply #1 on: 10:00 AM - 06/14/21 »
Welcome to the community. Testing the controller in other ports in the hub and hard resetting the console may help. Could you share what console and controller model you're using?

Also, do the mouse and keyboard peripheral icons show at the top?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline FadeBoltZ

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FadeBoltZ
I have tried different ports and hard reset it those don’t work I also am on an Xbox One S with 2 controllers that it came with they both didn’t work and the USB port or plug in works on both because I have tested it 

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Thanks for that info. The controllers may still be connecting wirelessly to the console while using a cable. Do you have access to a PC? If so we can check your controller and cable's ability to use a wired connection this way. If this is not working correctly then your devices can't pass through to the console. This can be checked in a PC game or it's easy to check using just Windows.

To do this connect your controller to your PC. Wait a few moments for Windows to install drivers and prepare the device. Once finished press the Windows key and type 'set up usb game controllers' and continue to this selection.

Select the controller then click properties.

If you've made it this far the controller actions will be shown in this window. Pressing buttons and moving the analog sticks will be visible as shown in this picture.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin