XIM Community

Azeron alternative. Hex Evo left hand joystick. Sony nav/azeron  (Read 166 times)

Offline Brooker88

• View Profile
| PS5 | Razer Huntsman TE | G Pro wireless 25.6k DPI | Sync' OFF | LG 24GL600F 144hz 1080p | G440 Hard mat | Xim/Mouse 1000hz |

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Yeah, it does look really good. They say they are compatible with us. We haven't heard from them though.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
I hope that the Shift button is mappable or reprogrammable to just a standard button. If so then it looks like something I'd upgrade to from my Nav. Tried the Azeron already and it's garbage.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Garbage is highly subjective. I love my Azeron as much as I love my XIM.

Azeron Compact has 24 keys, analog movement, a dedicated d-pad, adjustable fingers, left or right hand support, stick drift removal, works with XIM out of the box and is perfect for wheel menusÖwhatís not to love?  ;D

On the flipside, I found the Nav to be uncomfortable, restrictive, inflexible, too few buttons, no longer made, dead batteryÖit was garbage for my needs  :-\

On topicÖdonít get your hopes up. The form factor is large & clunky and Iíd be questioning the orientation. Might be worth looking at the About and World Tax pages tooÖset inflated self-worth to 100% and consumer confidence & trust levels to 0.
« Last Edit: 04:07 PM - 06/11/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Garbage is highly subjective. I love my Azeron as much as I love my XIM.

Azeron Compact has 24 keys, analog movement, a dedicated d-pad, is customisable to hand size, supports left or right hand, has stick drift removal, works with XIM out of the box and is perfect for wheel menusÖwhatís not to love?  ;D

On the flipside, I found the Nav to be uncomfortable, restrictive, inflexible, too few buttons, no longer made, dead batteryÖit was garbage for my needs  :-\

It was the opposite for me. Tried for so many hours to adjust the Azeron to suit my hands and it just felt so awkward. Plus the right analog stick is so stiff to click in. Just hated everything about it. The Nav would be perfect if it just had an extra couple of buttons accessible toward the back, maybe an extra shoulder button and an extra button near the middle fingertip area on the back-side.

Offline Brooker88

• View Profile
I'm hoping they do a azeron but in a similar design to the tartarus with the analogue stick + d pad. I switched from razer huntsman TE keyboard to Tartarus pro and it's a massive improvement, so comfortable and I love the little circle button it's great for a reload button
| PS5 | Razer Huntsman TE | G Pro wireless 25.6k DPI | Sync' OFF | LG 24GL600F 144hz 1080p | G440 Hard mat | Xim/Mouse 1000hz |

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
It was the opposite for me. Tried for so many hours to adjust the Azeron to suit my hands and it just felt so awkward. Plus the right analog stick is so stiff to click in.
Did you get the flat or curved wrist rest? I didnít like the curved, flat is much more comfortable.

I agree with the stick click, but there are dozens of other buttons to use, so Iíve never mapped anything to it.

I need to mount Azeron on the desk using double-sided Velcro tape or it slides all over the shot, but thatís a small price to pay for great functionality.
« Last Edit: 03:44 PM - 06/11/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I'm hoping they do a azeron but in a similar design to the tartarus with the analogue stick + d pad. I switched from razer huntsman TE keyboard to Tartarus pro and it's a massive improvement, so comfortable and I love the little circle button it's great for a reload button
Take a look at Tuffpad by Tuffrabbit, one of the XIM veterans. Itís in the Tutorials sub-forum and heís just started selling them.

Tuffpad is like a Tartarus with a swappable analog stick or thumb key cluster. No d-pad though, thatíd be worth adding to the design. Itís 3D-printed so itís rough around the edges, but itís a solid start for a one-man gig.

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile

Did you get the flat or curved wrist rest? I didnít like the curved, flat is much more comfortable.

I agree with the stick click, but there are dozens of other buttons to use, so Iíve never mapped anything to it.

I need to mount Azeron on the desk using double-sided Velcro tape or it slides all over the shot, but thatís a small price to pay for great functionality.

Yeah I went with the flat too. The click on the analog stick was a big deal breaker for me, I've been playing with analog movement all my life and using anything other than "L3" to sprint just feels wrong  ;D

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Looks like an interesting device. I hope they make it. As a person who makes and designs and mods lots of gamepads and gamepad type things, I've learned two big things...

1. Ergonomics are hard

2. Wireless is painful

Mind your expectations and wait for reviews.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Yeah I went with the flat too. The click on the analog stick was a big deal breaker for me, I've been playing with analog movement all my life and using anything other than "L3" to sprint just feels wrong  ;D
I put Sprint under my ring finger (I use the "pull" keys where your fingerprints rest). Jump is index, Crouch is middle. I can chain, mix & match mobility actions using those three fingers and it feels very natural. I used to map Sprint to pinky on a kb, but it's a slow finger compared to the rest of its siblings.

If you're used to Sprint as thumbclick, I can see how that could be an issue...at first. I dislike thumbclick for Sprint as it creates unnecessary wear and tear.

Looks like an interesting device. I hope they make it. As a person who makes and designs and mods lots of gamepads and gamepad type things, I've learned two big things...

1. Ergonomics are hard

2. Wireless is painful

Mind your expectations and wait for reviews.
Have you considered adding a 4-way d-pad button to Tuffpad? The one on Azeron is very small but really handy and solves one of the biggest issues I have with keyboards (d-pads are hard to map comfortably).

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Awesome!  :D

Ergonomics looks promising.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
"The WASD struggle is over. Enjoy true analog joystick movement on PC while still aiming with your mouse. Feel the freedom of 360į movement just like you did on console."

Is this true for all shooters on PC (i.e. they support analog movement as an option)?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Is this true for all shooters on PC (i.e. they support analog movement as an option)?

Nope.

CoD locks you into using 1 type of input during public matches, So it's ether KB/M you are locked into or Controller, You can't switched between them on the fly.

You can switch between KB/M or Controller in a private match if you enable "Allow switching inputs
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Have you considered adding a 4-way d-pad button to Tuffpad? The one on Azeron is very small but really handy and solves one of the biggest issues I have with keyboards (d-pads are hard to map comfortably).

Yup, I thought hard about it. Sat down to add that into my designs multiple times. Ultimately decided not to. It ended up on my list of scope creep. I've already got enough buttons on that dang pad. The Azeron needs it with the limited amount of inputs it has comparatively.