XIM Community

[ACTIVE] My xim apex keeps disconnecting  (Read 77 times)

Online dadooo

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] My xim apex keeps disconnecting
« on: 07:37 PM - 06/10/21 »
My XIM apex was working on my Xbox perfectly fine, then I stopped using it for about a month, and it keeps randomly disconnecting. also, It has never worked on my PC since i bought it, any solutions that anyone knows of?
« Last Edit: 09:07 AM - 06/11/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: My xim apex keeps disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: 09:06 AM - 06/11/21 »
Welcome to the community. PC is not a supported platform but it does work for some. Can you share which controller model you are using?

When the disconnect happens, do you see a change in light activity from APEX?

In the meantime, removing the controller battery or testing other data cables with the controller are known to help with stability problems.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online dadooo

• View Profile
Re: My xim apex keeps disconnecting
« Reply #2 on: 10:59 AM - 06/11/21 »
Welcome to the community. PC is not a supported platform but it does work for some. Can you share which controller model you are using?

When the disconnect happens, do you see a change in light activity from APEX?

In the meantime, removing the controller battery or testing other data cables with the controller are known to help with stability problems.

Thanks the reply,

and No, I do not see a change in the light activity, also the controller model I'm using is "1697", the model that comes with the base xbox one original

I swapped out the cable, and took out the batteries, it still disconnects, it seems like it only disconnects when I'm in game though.
« Last Edit: 02:50 PM - 06/11/21 by dadooo »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: [ACTIVE] My xim apex keeps disconnecting
« Reply #3 on: 04:10 PM - 06/11/21 »
By “in game”, do you mean console or PC games?

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:38 PM - 06/11/21 »
If the cable has been used before you may have luck trying another. I have several that eventually fail the same way and also randomly disconnect. If it's not the cable the next likely source would be power or the controller itself. X1 controllers in particular are known to develop port wear that will cause disconnects like this, testing other controllers could help.

To test against power the controller battery can be removed. If using LED peripherals then using peripherals that don't include LEDs or using a powered hub are ways to test against power related problems.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Online dadooo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:30 AM »
By “in game”, do you mean console or PC games?
On both systems

Online dadooo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Today at 02:34 AM »
If the cable has been used before you may have luck trying another. I have several that eventually fail the same way and also randomly disconnect. If it's not the cable the next likely source would be power or the controller itself. X1 controllers in particular are known to develop port wear that will cause disconnects like this, testing other controllers could help.

To test against power the controller battery can be removed. If using LED peripherals then using peripherals that don't include LEDs or using a powered hub are ways to test against power related problems.

I turned off all the LEDS on my peripherals, and I bought a brand new cable, still disconnecting randomly, also like a month ago, it was working perfectly fine even with all the LEDs on. and it couldn’t of broke because I left it on my desk until i got back after a month of inactivity, also, I don't know if this helps, but when it all disconnects, and i press the xbox guide button, my keyboard and mouse LED's turn on and the xbox guide button flashes but never connects to anything.
« Last Edit: Today at 01:41 PM by dadooo »

Online dadooo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 05:04 PM »
Update- It turns out I had it plugged in wrong, so I plugged the controller, keyboard, and mouse into the correct spots. It worked perfectly... for about 20 minutes, then it started doing the disconnecting again. Does that insinuate it is a power issue?

Admin