XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim Apex  (Read 159 times)

Offline elytsefiL

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: elytsefiL
  • PSN ID: elytsefiL
[ACTIVE] Xim Apex
« on: 07:21 PM - 06/01/21 »
When I connect my xim to my Xbox it works then when I connect my keyboard and mouse to my xim it shows nothing it connected to my xim not even my controller
« Last Edit: 09:12 AM - 06/02/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim Apex
« Reply #1 on: 09:12 AM - 06/02/21 »
Welcome to the community. Do your peripherals work while connected to the hub if the hub is attached to a PC instead of APEX?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline elytsefiL

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim Apex
« Reply #2 on: 10:34 PM - 06/02/21 »
idk because i dont have a computer to test that

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:00 AM - 06/03/21 »
Could you check the console instead while APEX is disconnected? The connection would look like this:

console > 3 port hub > mouse and keyboard

Offline elytsefiL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:20 PM - 06/03/21 »
my keyboard and mouse work while connected to my xbox all the ports work on my xbox its the manager that doesnt show the icons for my controller keyboard and mouse its like they arent connected but they are

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:06 AM - 06/04/21 »
my keyboard and mouse work while connected to my xbox all the ports work on my xbox

Is this with the 3 port hub? We know that your peripherals are working but it would be useful to know if the hub works without APEX.

Offline elytsefiL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:12 PM - 06/04/21 »
yes this with the 3 port hub and it does work its the xim apex manager that doesnt manager show my things being connceted one time it showed my controller for a little then i connected my keyboard and mouse and it didnt show anything after that

Offline elytsefiL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:03 AM - 06/05/21 »
my controller connects to the xim and when i plug in the hub and it connects the hub doesnt show my keyboard and mouse on the manager.
« Last Edit: 10:06 PM - 06/05/21 by elytsefiL »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:17 AM - 06/07/21 »
We can check if the controller is authenticating, this is needed for your mouse and keyboard to work.  To do this, please remove APEX and then disconnect the mouse and keyboard. Reconnect APEX to the console with only the controller connected to the hub while watching APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare data cables please test other data cables with the controller. If it does show four green lights then attach the mouse only, test and share results.

-

Also, could you please share your setup so we can learn more about the issue? Please include both the brand and model.

mouse:
keyboard:
extras: extended usb cables, third party usb hub, usb switch, titan or cronus device?

Offline elytsefiL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:51 AM - 06/08/21 »
it doesn't show the 4 green light sequence when i plug up only the controller nor when i plug it up to my the apex wothout the hub.

i have another controller its a PowerA controller but i dont think its compatible i used to usb for that controller for my other one and it didn't work.

i have a Uhuru Wired Mouse and a Mafiti RK100 Keyboard it worked before with my xim i dont know why its happening now and i dont have any third party usb hubs.

Offline Rhinosapotumas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:33 AM - 06/08/21 »
You made a post and they got back to you in .2 milliseconds and I'm still waiting forever for a reply to mine. Guess I'll just get my money back

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09:23 AM - 06/08/21 »
it doesn't show the 4 green light sequence when i plug up only the controller nor when i plug it up to my the apex wothout the hub.

i have another controller its a PowerA controller but i dont think its compatible i used to usb for that controller for my other one and it didn't work.

i have a Uhuru Wired Mouse and a Mafiti RK100 Keyboard it worked before with my xim i dont know why its happening now and i dont have any third party usb hubs.

No, the Power A controller won't be compatible as an authentication controller. Without the controller initializing your peripherals won't be passed through to the game. Testing other data cables with the controller is the next step. If this doesn't help then we should know if the controller is capable of talking with other devices in wired mode. Do you have access to a PC? If so we can check your controller and cable's ability to use a wired connection this way. This can be checked in a PC game or it's easy to check using just Windows.

To do this connect your controller to your PC. Wait a few moments for Windows to install drivers and prepare the device. Once finished press the Windows key and type 'set up usb game controllers' and continue to this selection.

Select the controller then click properties.

If you've made it this far the controller actions will be shown in this window. Pressing buttons and moving the analog sticks will be visible as shown in this picture.

Offline elytsefiL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:36 AM - 06/11/21 »
every button and analog stick is working on the computer

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:12 AM - 06/11/21 »
Thanks for taking the time to check that. It seems like your controller and peripherals are not seen by APEX but they work with your PC. We are just about out of troubleshooting steps, I can only recommend to factory reset APEX using the latest flash tool and test other ports on the console next. Please let me know if this helps.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest