XIM Community

BF 2042  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
BF 2042
« on: 04:21 PM - 06/09/21 »
Cool trailer but I gotta admit, I actually loled. People are shitting themselves with hype over it but I think we've been around long enough to know that all those sick shots of dudes mopping up other dudes by the dozens and jumping out of jets to rocket launch a tail and jumping back in is what the majority of players are going to be on the receiving end of not dealing out.

If anything, I actually like the honesty of the trailer that it's shot from the perspective of the team that's absolutely getting dunked on. Because it's funny how after all these year Dice still hasn't figured out team balancing, not even in their own trailer. LOL!

The one thing the trailer doesn't show is the reality of the gameplay. Which is: spawn, run for five minutes, get sniped by some dude in a bush five miles away with a 100x scope wait 15 seconds for a medic that will neve come, lather, rinse, repeat.   
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: BF 2042
« Reply #1 on: 05:14 PM - 06/09/21 »
lol...great review Phil and so true ;D

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:53 AM - 06/10/21 »
I felt like we didnt learn that much about the game yet lol, waiting for the gameplay in 3 days before making up my mind.

Jumping out of a planet and rocket-killing a plane behind you is called Rendezook in Battlefield and i remember that it took me like 10h of practive and trys to pull it off just a single time. There are people who can do it quite consistently but thats just too hard for me lol. Either way they added it as some sort of meme, its more of a joke for some BF veterans than an actual ingame feature.

But for those who take it serious, it might be time to brush up your Rendezook Skills haha:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bNrLxM5mgU
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:26 AM - 06/10/21 »
Jumping out of a planet and rocket-killing, was my favorite thing on BF4.

MP focus is great; wonder on its life service success.

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:32 AM - 06/11/21 »
It looks pretty for the reveal, the game won't look anything like that for anyone will less than a $5000 PC.

I have so many reservations.

I guess I am waiting for it to appear on EA Play before I play it.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: ceebs_63
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #5 on: 03:58 AM - 06/12/21 »
Much as the reveal cinematic looks great, it still won't be my cup of tea.

I've been a CoD fanboi for a long time. I love its twitch, arcade-style gameplay, tight maps and scorestreaks, but like many CoD vets, I've become frustrated with the franchise over the last few years and would love a dev comp to step up and take over the reigns. I was hoping Respawn would do it, but they're focussed on BR, like many others these days. I can't see BF ever taking over from CoD, either. Battlefield is always going to be slower than Call of Duty, focussing much more on strategy, patience and vehicles than CoD, resulting in a very different experience. If BF were to try and emulate CoD it would lose its identity (just like Call of Duty has done in trying to emulate Destiny and Battlefield, etc.).

I might try it out if there's an open Beta, but I can't see Battlefield 2043 becoming the CoD killer. Unfortunately.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, 1TB Crucial MX500, XSX, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:21 AM - 06/13/21 »
On the topic of how combat feels, until Bad Company Battlefield was more arcadey than COD. But yeah, if they released an old school style BF these days the fans that jumped on the bandwagon with BC2 and BF3 would lose their @#$%.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:43 AM - 06/13/21 »
On the topic of how combat feels, until Bad Company Battlefield was more arcadey than COD. But yeah, if they released an old school style BF these days the fans that jumped on the bandwagon with BC2 and BF3 would lose their @#$%.
Real old school: Battlefield 2.

That's the caveat for game devs, they can't put all the eggs on the basket of that players generation who more likely they don't have the time to invest in the game like before. Finding the right balanced to pleased old players and be atractive for new ones is it's biggest challenge for Battlefield franchise, CoD had mastered this. 

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:40 PM - 06/13/21 »

Iím just happy itís NOT set in the past, and the ping system appears to be non-2D. Iím also so jaded by game hype now that iím not watching any further previews etc because itís the only way to not be disappointed in a game nowadays
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:51 AM - 06/14/21 »
I like that the gameplay trailer demonstrated that you have more mobility options as infantry now. Ziplines and grappling hooks should have been standard since Special Forces. It looks like everyone's doing Doom Eternal grapples now.  And on the field Crysis style weapon customization is also welcome.

I like them showing examples of solving two really annoying situations in BF, which is trying to climb up a crane to deal with a sniper's nest and crossing from one building to another as infantry.

Two things that would give me more faith that Dice have finally learned what makes BF a chore and how to fix it. Optional - so you can wait for a medic if one is close by - instant respawn (obviously not on squad leader) and the ability to request at least an ATV drop for when you spawn on an empty base.

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06:01 PM - 06/16/21 »
The other thing i hope changed from bfv is the randomness of people running around everywhere in games that arenít team death match..
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:28 AM - 06/23/21 »
As with any AAA FPS, I look forward to it. It's always nice to have something different to play. That being said, my personal preference is playing Tarkov with a buddy. There's just no other experience that can touch it right now. But hey, Hardcore realism isn't for everyone.

Offline unknownuser

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Simply
  • PSN ID: Simply
« Reply #12 on: 04:47 PM - 10/05/21 »
Should I use the bf5 settings for this game? or different battlefield? beta coming out tomorrow.

Offline AMG

• MVP
  • Gamer - Audiophile
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06:25 PM - 10/05/21 »
Should I use the bf5 settings for this game? or different battlefield? beta coming out tomorrow.
I will try 4, 1 and V.

Offline LZCHE

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LZCHE
« Reply #14 on: 07:52 AM - 10/06/21 »
Hi There! Any news on M&K for PS5? Is it working? If not, will XIM find a way to make it work?
Cheers