XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM not recognizing my controller  (Read 71 times)

Offline AGrayDog

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: A Gray Dog
[RESOLVED] XIM not recognizing my controller
« on: 03:21 PM - 06/08/21 »
Hey All, I've tried for a few days of reading forums and trying on my own, but my XIM APEX won't recognize my Xbox controllers. I went out and made sure I bought an official controller. I've tried my old elite 2, I've used 4 different cables, I've hard reset 3 times, I tried doing only the controller and xim, but nothing seems to work. Please help
« Last Edit: 09:14 AM - 06/10/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM not recognizing my controller
« Reply #1 on: 04:35 PM - 06/08/21 »
Welcome to the community. Can you share which console model you are using?

In the meantime, there's more than one cause for this but it's usually setup related and can be fixed. To help fix the problem can you please go through the list linked below and share the results from each step? This may also resolve the issue.

Some of the results will pass assuming that your non-XIM devices are working normally. If it does not resolve the problem then we can use the combined results from each numbered step to find a solution.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=61565.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline AGrayDog

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM not recognizing my controller
« Reply #2 on: 05:29 PM - 06/08/21 »
1, no green lights and not showing up in manager

2, No red or yellow

3, hard rebooted, nothing, redid step one, same result

4, tried 3, all nogo

5. All 3 cables confirmed to work with controller on console

6, confirmed all 3 ports on hub work with laptop

7, when attempted, no green lights appeared, controller vibrated, but did not turn on automatically

8 confirmed both MK functioning without hub

I'm using the original Xbox One that came out years ago

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:14 AM - 06/09/21 »
Thank you for taking the time to go through that. Has this APEX worked with your setup in the past?

With most of the troubleshooting steps out of the way and with the controller not being able to initialize with APEX and the console it would be a good idea to verify that the controller can talk with another device in wired mode. Do you have access to a PC? If so we can check your controller and cable's ability to use a wired connection this way. If this is not working correctly then your devices can't pass through to the console. This can be checked in a PC game or it's easy to check using just Windows.

To do this connect your controller to your PC. Wait a few moments for Windows to install drivers and prepare the device. Once finished press the Windows key and type 'set up usb game controllers' and continue to this selection.

Select the controller then click properties.

If you've made it this far the controller actions will be shown in this window. Pressing buttons and moving the analog sticks will be visible as shown in this picture.

Offline AGrayDog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:11 PM - 06/09/21 »
It has worked in the past, and doing that I do get it to register via USB to my laptop but only if I don't try to use the XIM

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:14 AM - 06/10/21 »
Unfortunately we are out of troubleshooting steps. It looks like your APEX is responding to other devices, your hub is verified working, and your controller(s) is responding with your PC but not directly with APEX. This is something our fulfillment group can help with if you would like to request a repair. Thank you for troubleshooting and I'm sorry this couldn't be solved remotely. To get help please choose the appropriate link below.

If purchased from xim.tech/shop in the last year please open an RMA using your store account:
http://store.xim.tech/myaccount.asp

If purchased from another location or the purchase date exceeds one year please use this link:
https://store.xim.tech/crm.asp?action=add

Admin