XIM Community

how do i setup my xim apex for the most responsive ever i can get ?  (Read 265 times)

Offline modblaster

• 2021 Xim apex = firmware 2018 , dpi:6400, 125hz ra
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: modblaster
modblaster

Offline Grance

• View Profile
The million dollar question that everyone will have a different answer :)

Offline Frixwar

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frixwar
Science.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Max in-game sensitivity, 1000Hz mouse polling, 1000Hz Response Rate, Sync Off and no Expert settings enabled.

Might be time to stop asking to be spoon fed and figure out what works best for you. Obsessively tweaking XIM settings won’t override a game engine’s baked-in look mechanics.

Relax, keep it simple and enjoy the game, or move onto another one that feels better with a XIM.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline modblaster

• View Profile
modblaster

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
^ see above and your previous threads. Repeatedly asking the same questions doesn't change the answers.

If you want some good advice, go to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJQZlZVwbWQNvgCXK3gCPrA.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline modblaster

• View Profile
some body told me that 8000 dpi with sync off work the best ?
modblaster

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Specifically for them, in that specific game, on that specific platform, at that specific time, using their specific gear.

There are no cold, hard, "best" settings that apply to everyone. You're going to need to test different DPI values yourself to find what works for you.

What works "best" for me, in just about every game, is 3200 DPI, Sync Default, 500Hz Response Rate, 1000Hz mouse polling. These work "best" for me because I don't want to constantly change my settings when I swap mice, keyboards, pads...whatever.

If I can be bothered, because it makes very little difference, I'll change Response Rate to 250Hz for games with helpful aim assist. That's it...no curves, no expert settings at all because they diverge from the Smart Translator's mapping of the look mechanics and the raw input from the mouse.

My opinion of "best" is highly unlikely to match your opinion of "best". You're banging your head up against the wall trying other people's settings because it doesn't change the need to put in the work yourself. "Best" is subjective based on mouse, sensor, grip, pad, console, game, environment, hand size, screen size, FOV, FPS, ping, bandwidth...the variables are endless.

Find a baseline you're happy with and learn the quirks of the look mechanics of the game you're playing at the time. Otherwise, you're sinking infinite time trying to find perfect settings that don't exist rather than enjoying simply playing video games. If you don't enjoy it, don't do it...simples.
« Last Edit: 06:42 PM - 06/10/21 by antithesis »

Offline modblaster

• View Profile
I know thanks you for the tips
modblaster

Admin