XIM Community

[ACTIVE] can the ports on xim apex be repaired?  (Read 70 times)

Offline trickz

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] can the ports on xim apex be repaired?
« on: 05:38 AM - 06/06/21 »
hi, i have 2 xim apexs the ports on the mouse and keyboard adapter on 1 is faulty wont pick up the controller can this be repaired when i plug the ports from my other xim apex its working fine im getting power to the ports but the controller wont send a signal thru it thanks
« Last Edit: 09:41 AM - 06/07/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: can the ports on xim apex be repaired?
« Reply #1 on: 09:40 AM - 06/07/21 »
These are just regular USB 2.0 hubs. If you have other hubs they should work in place of the APEX hubs.

It would help to know where the issue is though. Could you check if the peripherals work when these hubs are connected to a PC instead of APEX? Please check both hubs and all ports on each hub.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline trickz

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] can the ports on xim apex be repaired?
« Reply #2 on: 09:34 AM - 06/11/21 »
so i connected mouse into the hub testing each one plugged into pc and my pc is telling me usb device is not working correcly on all 3 ports

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] can the ports on xim apex be repaired?
« Reply #3 on: 04:32 PM - 06/11/21 »
Thanks for checking that, this would confirm an issue with the hub. Do you have a spare hub that you can test with APEX? If not this is something that you can request from our store.

It would also be a good idea to verify the controller can initialize directly with APEX while the hub is not connected. To do this, please remove the hub then disconnect and reconnect APEX to the console with the controller directly connected to APEX. While you're doing this, watch APEX's startup light sequence. Do you see 4 green lights during this sequence? For reference the startup light sequence should look similar to this:

red, green, blue
red
green, green, green, green
red

If you do not see 4 green lights at startup and you have spare data cables it may help to test these spare cables with the controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos