XIM Community

HELP! Having issues getting apex to connect to pc  (Read 93 times)

Offline ShannonS

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Viking1006
Hello, Iím having issues connecting apex to my pc. Iíve followed the tutorials but canít seem to get the ball over the goal line. Updated firmware. Downloaded manager on iPhone as well as pc. Loaded correct game. My apex registers mouse and keyboard but not controller. Controller lights up when plugged in. Described anti virus through mcafee. So Iím kind of at a loss. Any more suggestions?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: HELP! Having issues getting apex to connect to pc
« Reply #1 on: 09:13 AM - 06/04/21 »
Welcome to the community. XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to the possibility of PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

-

It's been mentioned by other members here that the DS4 controller is supported by some PC games (not all) and that either changing the input type in the game options (if game supports it) or changing the control input type in steam controller setup may help if using steam. I'm not familiar with these steps but I have noticed these issue reports don't seem to come from players using Xbox controllers so that's something to consider if you run into more issues.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ShannonS

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Viking1006
Re: HELP! Having issues getting apex to connect to pc
« Reply #2 on: 04:02 AM - 06/05/21 »
Thank you. I have an after market Xbox controller. Iíll try the actual Xbox controller to see if that remedies it. Fingers crossed.