XIM Community

[APEX] EXTREME - Perfect Match -02- ADVANCED (FINAL) MJFame Config  (Read 83379 times)

Offline shthappensbro

• View Profile

Yes  I am 800 dpi g502 wireless light speed

I tried MJFame on my G502 and didn't get any stuttering or jitter at all. Are you sure you put the smoothing on 20? I didn't even think it was possible to have pixel skipping on 20 smoothing lol
Yes its on 20  and I'm getting it on apex legends only when I try to make small ads  tho

Offline shthappensbro

• View Profile
What if I want even slower turn speeds once u hit 100 cant go slower what if I wanna try different sync  then off ?

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
What if I want even slower turn speeds once u hit 100 cant go slower what if I wanna try different sync  then off ?

Late reply, but I see people ask this question from time to time so I'll answer for anyone reading this thread. Honestly - wouldn't bother. This setup is only really suited for people who play at higher sensitivities and therefore can cut through AA more easily than a low sens player. If your preferred sensitivity is that low that 500 sens and vanilla curve is still too fast, you're going to find the AA bubble very tough to work with if you lower it further.

Offline mjboor911

• View Profile
Can i use this config with xim4?

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
Can i use this config with xim4?

XIM4 is Default sync and not changeable, so nope

Offline romajc

• View Profile
Do you change anything for 120fps games?

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
I've always wondered, why set the XIM to 1000hz for the "highest frequency tracking updates" when a) the input is capped by the console itself anyway and b) adding in high smoothing negates that by effectively slowing down your inputs (as an extreme example, run the XIM at 125hz, then set smoothing to 20 and notice how laggy the input feels compared to 0).

I don't see the benefit over just lowering polling rate and/or syncs and using low smoothing amounts to achieve a smooth result. I also feel as though 800 is a pretty arbitrary number for all mice. For example, if I run this config on a G305, the result is very janky, inconsistent aim assist. If I run the same config, but turn DPI up to 900 (obviously adjusting sensitivities to compensate for the DPI increase) the result is so much better and the aim assist bubble feels a lot more workable.

I've tried this config on multiple occasions and I always end up ditching it cause it's possibly the most inconsistent config I've ever used.

Offline Oskool

• View Profile
It's definitely an interesting config and I'm glad MJFame took the time to share it.

Can't say I agree with mouse firmware adding input lag above 800dpi. According to Battle(non)sense mouse lag testing, mouse lag is reduced with higher dpi.

I've also noticed in PC games that increasing the mouse dpi also reduces crosshair stutter/jitter. I actually turn down mouse sensitivity in Windows OS settings so I can crank the mouse DPI up to 10,000 or 12,000dpi. This significantly reduces the amount of input lag and crosshair jitter/stutter.

Odin has a great video breaking down the mechanics behind MJFame's unique config. It basically comes down to the MJFame config shifting jitter reduction (smoothing) and dpi (sensitivity) from the mouse handling these things to XIM handling them instead.

Most mice firmware don't actually add any smoothing. A high dpi just naturally reduces jitter so smoothing isn't necessary.

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
It's definitely an interesting config and I'm glad MJFame took the time to share it.

Can't say I agree with mouse firmware adding input lag above 800dpi. According to Battle(non)sense mouse lag testing, mouse lag is reduced with higher dpi.

I've also noticed in PC games that increasing the mouse dpi also reduces crosshair stutter/jitter. I actually turn down mouse sensitivity in Windows OS settings so I can crank the mouse DPI up to 10,000 or 12,000dpi. This significantly reduces the amount of input lag and crosshair jitter/stutter.

Odin has a great video breaking down the mechanics behind MJFame's unique config. It basically comes down to the MJFame config shifting jitter reduction (smoothing) and dpi (sensitivity) from the mouse handling these things to XIM handling them instead.

Most mice firmware don't actually add any smoothing. A high dpi just naturally reduces jitter so smoothing isn't necessary.

I've noticed also - 900 DPI instead of 800 DPI makes this config work so much better. Silky smooth compared to 800 which just creates the jankiest aim assist on my G305.