XIM Community

Slight Difficulty with NEXUS Transition (getting a little discouraged)  (Read 228 times)

Offline pyro90294

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: pyro90294
Iíll preface by saying I pick up on things very quickly and I was a veteran controller player before I switched to M&K back with XIM4 (although due to my thumbs Iíve never been a fan of X1 thumbsticks lol)

Iím finding the transition a little more difficult than expected for a couple of reasons. 1) Iím used to the shape, analog placement/tuning, stick tension and weight of a DualShock so this is a big leap for me. (Makes it hard for me to strafe and aim with gyro and sticks simultaneously). 2) I am challenging myself to adjust to the X1 thumbsticks without using my kontrol freek precision rings or stick extenders by perfecting my analog settings. 3) I am having trouble compounding analog aim and gyro (I think this is mainly due to being used to using L1 & R1 for aiming; even when I used @#$% titan gyro scripts it was a little easier to manage on my DualShock 4. If youíre already used to the sticks, weight and shape of an X1 controller you should be golden. I found myself wanting to plug my apex in a few times out of frustration but I feel like itíll get better with time. I donít want to switch back to the bumpers for aiming because there is a lot of utility in the triggers, however, I think I may have to try it for a bit. Any tips?

P.S. Last night I calibrated my right stick deadzones a bit to get closer to a DS4 feel. That helped a bit but Iím still tempted to get Kontrol  Freeks. Iíve been using them for so long that playing without them feels like using a different mouse than im used to on Apex lol. 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Don't get discouraged! You are changing a lot of things at once in how you are gaming and that's to be expected. Even changing a single button binding that you are used to can be difficult to adjust to. If you are used to a symmetric stick layout, then yes, it will be a learning curve to switch to an asymmetric layout. I would start with that first and not enable motion at all and make the controller act as close to what you are used to, spend time with it, and then repeat by changing only one thing at a time. But go through it slowly.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline pyro90294

• View Profile
Don't get discouraged! You are changing a lot of things at once in how you are gaming and that's to be expected. Even changing a single button binding that you are used to can be difficult to adjust to. If you are used to a symmetric stick layout, then yes, it will be a learning curve to switch to an asymmetric layout. I would start with that first and not enable motion at all and make the controller act as close to what you are used to, spend time with it, and then repeat by changing only one thing at a time. But go through it slowly.

Thank you so much for those encouraging words OBsIV. I am going to take my time and implement things slowly but surely. I guess I was just a little frustrated with myself because the controller and tech are amazing, but I am not adapting to it as fast as Iíd hoped haha. I will spend today dialing in my analog stick percentages and then add in some motion later this evening! Thank you for such a great product and your continued support.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Thank you for your continued support! Let us know how it goes. All our products are community driven -- please let us know if you have suggestions on how to improve things for people with a similar background as yourself as you progress with XIM NEXUS. :)

Offline pyro90294

• View Profile
Thank you for your continued support! Let us know how it goes. All our products are community driven -- please let us know if you have suggestions on how to improve things for people with a similar background as yourself as you progress with XIM NEXUS. :)

Just that quickly I am comfortably implementing motion aim at low sensitivity levels. I think I will post a nice starter config with Vanilla settings for Cold War and Warzone players. Iím already feeling more confident.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I appreciate the want to jump into the pool outright, but we recommend starting by dipping your toe in first. :)

Offline MuSoL79

• View Profile

Just that quickly I am comfortably implementing motion aim at low sensitivity levels. I think I will post a nice starter config with Vanilla settings for Cold War and Warzone players. Iím already feeling more confident.
Nice yo see, I play warzone and my Friends are streamers 👍👍

Admin