XIM Community

Share button on new xbox controllers (USBc)  (Read 151 times)

Offline LAG12

• View Profile
Share button on new xbox controllers (USBc)
« on: 01:45 AM - 05/30/21 »
I have been trying to use my new controllers with my xim apex but keep running into the same issue. everything works fine but whenever I press a certain key (caps lock) it activates the share button and takes a screenshot even though there doesnt seem to be a way to bind/unbind this button. I have tried the newest version of the elite controller and the controller that came with the series x and they both have the same issue. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Share button on new xbox controllers (USBc)
« Reply #1 on: 09:54 AM - 05/30/21 »
It takes a screenshot? If your controller is connected directly to your console (without your XIM APEX), and you press Share, does the same thing happen?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline LAG12

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:59 PM - 05/30/21 »
It takes a screenshot? If your controller is connected directly to your console (without your XIM APEX), and you press Share, does the same thing happen?
to answer your question, yes. every time the share button is pressed it takes a screenshot as that's what its primary purpose is. when plugged into the xim apex it only ever happens on 1 of my profiles. when on my destiny 2 profile for series s/x pressing caps will activate the share button every time. even if i don't have any controller inputs bound to caps at all. i have tried making a fresh profile but it still happens so I'm thinking it has something to do with the updated destiny 2 profile.

Offline LAG12

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:07 PM - 05/30/21 »
I should also mention that my elite series 2 controller (USBc) which does not even have a share button will still take screenshots upon the caps lock key press when connected to the xim apex on the destiny profile. when i use the older style controller with the different port this never happens. I would continue to use the older controller but mine have large amount of stick drift which makes it very hard to use with the xim.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 06:41 PM - 05/30/21 »
If this is the behavior when your controller is connected directly to your console then there isn't anything else your XIM can do to change that.

Although it sounds like taking a screenshot is the correct behavior: https://www.howtogeek.com/702795/how-to-share-screenshots-and-gameplay-clips-on-xbox-series-x-s/
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 07:30 PM - 05/30/21 »
to answer your question, yes. every time the share button is pressed it takes a screenshot as that's what its primary purpose is. when plugged into the xim apex it only ever happens on 1 of my profiles. when on my destiny 2 profile for series s/x pressing caps will activate the share button every time. even if i don't have any controller inputs bound to caps at all. i have tried making a fresh profile but it still happens so I'm thinking it has something to do with the updated destiny 2 profile.
I'd be double-checking the bindings in the XIM configs. If Caps isn't bound to a controller action, pressing the key would do nothing.

Likewise, if nothing is bound to Share on XIM, there's no input signal to pass from the keyboard to the console.

What happens in XIM APEX Manager when you're not editing a config and Caps is pressed? It should display the keypress and the action bound to it.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin