XIM Community

Help Setting up Xbox Series X  (Read 120 times)

Offline Hoodlum

• View Profile
Help Setting up Xbox Series X
« on: 08:47 PM - 05/28/21 »
Hey peeps, I just purchased the Xbox Series X and have installed Destiny 2.

I'm running all the latest console/controller updates and have updated my Xim Apex to the latest firmware which supports my Xbox.  The problem is that I'm simply unable to get the Xim to work...

I seem to be unable to have my Xbox controller connect to the Xim via USB since it wants to connect to my Xbox via wireless connection only.

Please help.

I've been using a PS4 Pro with Xim Apex for the last couple of years now and have now just switched over to Xbox Series X, so I'm curious to know whether I can use my PS4 controller with this, or will I be required to purchase a new controller.

With my PS4, I'd insert my Xim into the PS4, then insert my powered USB into the Xim, and from there my PS4 controller, mouse, and PS3 controller would be plugged into the powered USB.

Now my Xim in plugged into my Xbox Series X, with the powered USB plugged into my Xim, and my Xbox controller, mouse, and PS4 controller are plugged into the powered USB.

I'm using a Razer Viper V2 mouse.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Help Setting up Xbox Series X
« Reply #1 on: 08:49 PM - 05/28/21 »
Make sure the Series X controller firmware is up to date, as well as the XIM APEX beta firmware installed (https://xim.tech/beta).

Alternately, you can use an Xbox One wireless controller if you happen to have one.

Unplug the PS4 controller too, it may be interfering with console authentication.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Hoodlum

• View Profile
Re: Help Setting up Xbox Series X
« Reply #2 on: 09:06 PM - 05/28/21 »
Okay, I can confirm I've gotten it to work with the default Xim hub.  Not sure why the powered hub changes things...