XIM Community

Xim 4/apex quality for Mass Effect series  (Read 406 times)

Offline moronally

• View Profile
Xim 4/apex quality for Mass Effect series
« on: 02:04 PM - 05/16/21 »
Hi all - I am considering buying a xim apex to be able to play Mass Effect Legendary Edition for PS4/5. I know that ME 2,3 and Andromeda were supported, so I was wondering if anyone had experience playing one of those games with the xim 4/apex using a M/KB? How was using a M/KB? I'm new to using a xim, so does the aim assist on these games ruin the aiming experience with a mouse? I was told that Mass Effect Legrndary Edition did not have the option to turn off aim assist as well.

Basically, I'm hoping that I will be able to play ME:LE on my ps5 (ME:LE is a ps4 game so it should still work) with a xim apex using a M/KB, but I'm nervous it won't play well/the aiming will be bad.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim 4/apex quality for Mass Effect series
« Reply #1 on: 03:00 PM - 05/16/21 »
I played and got the platinum trophy for the Mass Effect trilogy on PS3 using a XIM 3 (I think). I recall things being a bit rough in parts due to MEís subpar look mechanics. I also remember radial menus being hard to use (I picked up the controller for that).

Things should be much better these days with direct PS4 support. Hopefully the look mechanics have been improved in the Legendary Edition too. Using a XIM should be good enough to get the job done and Iíll replay the Mass Effect series on a XIM APEX, but I donít expect PC-like aiming for the trilogy based on past experience.

Long story short - if youíre not comfortable aiming with a controller, XIM will be an improvement, but the experience depends entirely on the look mechanics. If they havenít been improved, it will be rough at times. Use abilities as much as possible to counter poor aim.
« Last Edit: 03:07 PM - 05/16/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin