XIM Community

Xbox1 controller paired with Xim Apex:  (Read 170 times)

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
Xbox1 controller paired with Xim Apex:
« on: 05:19 AM - 04/26/21 »
Im trying to use my xbox1 controller with my xim apex on my pc. Do i need to update the xb1 controller driver & sync it with my pc b4 i can get it to work. Because when i hve the apex manager open and plug my xb1 controller into the apex its not showing the xbox icon in the apex manager. The xbox icon on the controller is blinking. Any help would be greatly apprectited, this is driving me nuts trying to get this to work lol...

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox1 controller paired with Xim Apex:
« Reply #1 on: 10:01 AM - 04/26/21 »
XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to the possibility of PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

The new XS controllers may need a firmware update. This can be done using the PC Xbox Accessories app or an Xbox.

it may help to update the controller firmware while APEX is not connected. There have been a few controller updates since the console has launched.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:52 AM - 04/26/21 »
XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to the possibility of PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

The new XS controllers may need a firmware update. This can be done using the PC Xbox Accessories app or an Xbox.

it may help to update the controller firmware while APEX is not connected. There have been a few controller updates since the console has launched.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

Thanks for the reply bck MIST. I do have the right controller need for the Apex to work on my pc Guess ill hve to see if the driver update fixes my problem im hving. Or it might be the cable im useing for the xbox1 controller. As far as the cable is there one u would recommend?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:14 PM - 04/26/21 »
Check if the controller works without XIM in your PC game. If it's working then your cable should be fine. There have been at least 3 controller firmware updates so I recommend updating it's firmware while XIM is unplugged either way.

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:15 PM - 04/26/21 »
Check if the controller works without XIM in your PC game. If it's working then your cable should be fine. There have been at least 3 controller firmware updates so I recommend updating it's firmware while XIM is unplugged either way.

ok i managed to the get the controler to finaly show up in my apex manager but its not detectingh it in game to where i can switch to controller from the game setting its locked on keyboard & mouse in the game menu ..HOW DO I POST A PICTURE IN HERE ?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:24 AM - 04/27/21 »
Does the controller work without XIM.

To share an image upload to a site like https://imgur.com (just drag and drop into the window if on PC) then share the link here in your post.

Admin