XIM Community

What controller to buy  (Read 234 times)

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
What controller to buy
« on: 02:38 PM - 04/25/21 »
Can sum recommend wich brand of xbox1 controller i need to make my xim apex work on pc i bought 2 and apex didnt seem to reconize it. If amazon has them any provided links wil be greatly apprectited

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: What controller to buy
« Reply #1 on: 03:44 PM - 04/25/21 »
Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller. It needs to be genuine, not third-party.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:00 PM - 04/25/21 »
Will this one work. Theres 3 pics there will hve to scroll down when u open link..

https://imageshack.com/my/images

« Last Edit: 04:18 PM - 04/25/21 by GhostMachine45 »

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
What controller to buy
« Reply #3 on: 04:38 PM - 04/25/21 »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:56 PM - 04/25/21 »
That is the exact same one i just bought same color. Thnks so much guys for the replies. Is there a video out there i could watch to set it up or is just like hooking it up to a console..

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:40 PM - 04/25/21 »
Will this one work. Theres 3 pics there will hve to scroll down when u open link..

https://imageshack.com/my/images

That link isn't working ^^

You need a Microsoft Xbox controller.

3rd party Xbox controllers will NOT work.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Core-Controller-Robot-White-one/dp/B08DF248LD/ref=sr_1_8?crid=3UG1EIJR44DIM&dchild=1&keywords=xbox%2Bone%2Bcontroller&qid=1619389988&sprefix=Xbox%2Bone%2Caps%2C237&sr=8-8&th=1

Ive got everything plugged in but its nit detecting the controller  i dnt see the xbox icon on the top of the apex manager ic my kb&m logo icon but no xbox icon

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 07:08 PM - 04/25/21 »
You may be using a charge only cable from the controller to XIM APEX. Make sure the USB cable supports data.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:23 PM - 04/25/21 »
The cable i hve is USB-A USB-C Charge cable. It says on the label "Sync/charge laptops, tablets & smartphones & hard drives. I dont kno wich cable to buy would u reccommend one from amazon if so wich one i dnt kno what im looking for lol...

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 07:46 PM - 04/25/21 »
Sync means it can transfer data.

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:51 PM - 04/25/21 »
Gottcha!!  So when i plug the xb1 controller into the apex (im useing this on pc & useing the pc apex manager)  the xbox icon is lit up & flashing but still no icon poppin up in manage, Do i need to update the controller driver or sumthing? 

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #10 on: 02:03 PM - 04/26/21 »
Have you updated to the latest BETA firmware for your XIM Apex?

It adds support for the new Xbox controllers, I think you may be running on old firmware and that's why the controller doesn't show up on XIM Manager.

You can find the Firmware tool here - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=92640.0
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline GhostMachine45

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:10 PM - 04/26/21 »
Have you updated to the latest BETA firmware for your XIM Apex?

It adds support for the new Xbox controllers, I think you may be running on old firmware and that's why the controller doesn't show up on XIM Manager.

You can find the Firmware tool here - https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=92640.0

Not shure honstly  i may need to do tht. That may be one of the reasons why its not working.. Thnks for the reply bck Headhunter

Admin