XIM Community

Does Logitech G915 work with Xim Apex  (Read 433 times)

Offline MKultra

• View Profile
Does Logitech G915 work with Xim Apex
« on: 10:00 AM - 04/19/21 »
Hi!
I bought a Logitech G915 for about 1year ago but I had to return it since it wasn't compatible with my Ps4, this was before I purchased the Xim Apex.
Im wondering if this keyboard is compatible with Xim Apex and if it works in wireless/lightspeed mode? This keyboard doesn't seem to be compatible with much other than the usual hardware pc and Mac...

And please don't compare this keyboard with any other keyboards because this keyboard seems to have special needs for some weird reason, damnit Logitech..

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Does Logitech G915 work with Xim Apex
« Reply #1 on: 04:56 PM - 04/19/21 »
After searching I've only found questions about whether it's compatible but nobody has returned to share this information. Hopefully someone has tried it by now.

If the keyboard works in a PC BIOS or includes a BIOS mode there's a good chance it will work with APEX.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline tsel

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: tsmj85
  • PSN ID: ts_
« Reply #2 on: 02:16 AM - 04/22/21 »
Hello,
I have a G915 and i have the xim4 and it works perfect :).
Hope its the same for xim apex.

Best regards,

Offline MKultra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:46 AM - 04/22/21 »
That sounds great, i should also mention that i've got the ps5, do you own one aswell? And do you think it would make any difference having the new console?
I really want to give this keyboard a 2nd chance since its a well rounded keyboard.

Offline tsel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:59 PM - 04/22/21 »
That sounds great, i should also mention that i've got the ps5, do you own one aswell? And do you think it would make any difference having the new console?
I really want to give this keyboard a 2nd chance since its a well rounded keyboard.

Yes i also have the ps5, and im sitting with the xim4 and get no support/firmware to play ps5 games with it so far. But the ps4 games works great with this keyboard.
Its so sad that playstation dont support this keyboard for just plug&play so thats why i also use the xim so this keyboard can work cause i love it, and its so nice to use bluetooth for my computer with just one click away :).

Offline MKultra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:33 AM - 04/23/21 »
Sounds great, btw is it possible to use the lightspeed mode on this keyboard or does it have to be plugged in by wire?
Yea i've heard that the Hori Fighting Commander is compatible with PS4 and PS5 games but i cant find it anywhere in my country, it seems like the only place it can be purchased from is either the US or Japan and if i decided to do so, this controller would end up costing me approximately between $100 and $120 which i think is a hefty price for such item, i might be considering purchasing it anyways  :o I don't know yet though xd

Offline tsel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:33 PM - 04/23/21 »
Sounds great, btw is it possible to use the lightspeed mode on this keyboard or does it have to be plugged in by wire?
Yea i've heard that the Hori Fighting Commander is compatible with PS4 and PS5 games but i cant find it anywhere in my country, it seems like the only place it can be purchased from is either the US or Japan and if i decided to do so, this controller would end up costing me approximately between $100 and $120 which i think is a hefty price for such item, i might be considering purchasing it anyways  :o I don't know yet though xd

Yes i use wireless så its more than possible :).
Yea i bought the hori mini gamepad that was supposed to work with ps5 games, alltough i didnt read that it was just for the xim apex who had the compability, and thats kinda of a dissapointment.
So all i can do is hope that xim4 gets the compability to or buy the apex someday but not until its clear that it will have full compability in the future and not only in beta stage.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12:44 PM - 04/23/21 »
If the G915 works with the XIM4 then it should also work with the XIM Apex.
Does it work in wired mode or is it a bluetooth only keyboard? If its the latter just connect its bluetooth dongle to the XIM Hub :).

So all i can do is hope that xim4 gets the compability to or buy the apex someday but not until its clear that it will have full compability in the future and not only in beta stage.

Obsiv mentioned a while ago that the XIM4 will not get the update. Among other reasons the XIM4 has only very limited memory left.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline tsel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:18 AM - 04/26/21 »
If the G915 works with the XIM4 then it should also work with the XIM Apex.
Does it work in wired mode or is it a bluetooth only keyboard? If its the latter just connect its bluetooth dongle to the XIM Hub :).

I only use the wireless mode, not bluetooth and not wired. Cause xim4 dont have bluetooth connections to my knowledge or maybe it does :).
And i can charge my keyboard at the same time using a cable to another unit (not ps4) while im playing with wireless connection. So the keyboard is awesome to use with xim :).

Obsiv mentioned a while ago that the XIM4 will not get the update. Among other reasons the XIM4 has only very limited memory left.

I suspected so, but now im a proud owner of the xim apex aswell :).

Admin