XIM Community

Xbox controller on PC w/ XIM Apex  (Read 139 times)

Offline Merrith

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DancingCalamity
Xbox controller on PC w/ XIM Apex
« on: 08:51 PM - 04/15/21 »
I'm sure this topic has probably been beaten to death, but I need clarification and I'm unable to find information. Although it's not the xim's intended purpose, I am experimenting with the XIM Apex on PC and thus far I am having success with the DS4 with both authentication and functionality. I am trying to replicate this using an xbox series x/s controller but to no avail. The controller is immediately recognized by the xim manager, but key inputs are void. I have seen people use an xbox controller with xim apex on PC successfully. So my question is... are there only certain types of xbox controllers that work? Many thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xbox controller on PC w/ XIM Apex
« Reply #1 on: 09:49 PM - 04/15/21 »
Can you confirm that you are using our latest Beta? http://xim.tech/beta
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Merrith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:07 PM - 04/15/21 »
Yes I am. Using Firmware Ver 20210223 and Manager 20210213, if that is pertinent. Also just purchased the xbox series x/s controller a week ago. Its the (latest version) that comes with the usb cable.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 10:49 PM - 04/15/21 »
Yes, that's correct, thanks for letting me know. As you mentioned, PC isn't technically a supported platform. What I can tell you is that we use Xbox One controllers when testing all XIM APEXs at the factory on PCs. Unfortunately I'm not sure a Series X/S controller would work.

Offline Merrith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:28 AM - 04/16/21 »
Understood. Thanks for the help, Obsiv! Looks like I'm going to have to return this controller and get a regular x box controller!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 08:53 AM - 04/16/21 »
Sorry that didn't work. But, I know a standard Microsoft Xbox One controller will work since we use it to test every XIM APEX. :)

Offline Merrith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:30 PM - 06/07/21 »
Just a quick update for anyone that is interested. I recently performed a firmware update for the xbox series controller on PC using the Xbox Accessories application and that fixed the issue. You can use ANY xbox controller so long as its updated.