XIM Community

new user, firmware version ?  (Read 218 times)

Offline peter2021

• View Profile
new user, firmware version ?
« on: 05:54 AM - 04/11/21 »
Hello,
I have bought a XIM4 for my PS4 a while ago and have been using this firmaware:

"This firmware requires using Manager version 20160405 or later to function"

But now im having some issues with my XIM4, when playing COD, power goes off on the XIM4, stoppes working,
looses signal to my KB and mouse, so im wondering it i still should use the firmaware from 2016 ??
Or is there a newer one i should use ?
Sorry if this is a a stupid question but what i could read the 20160405 is the latest version or ?
have a nice day

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: new user, firmware version ?
« Reply #1 on: 07:31 AM - 04/11/21 »
Hey,

your issue is most likely due to a powerdraw issue. The XIM cannot charge your controller but can only make sure to maintain its level while playing with the XIM. So when your console is off the controller will continuously discharge over a couple of weeks. At one point the battery is too low and itll turn into charging mode, which will then exceed the powerdraw limit of the XIM and it will start to shut down some of your devices to prevent damage.

So connect your controller directly to the running console for a few hours and after that the issue is probably gone :).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline peter2021

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:24 AM - 04/12/21 »
Thank you very much for this answer, i will try it next time i use it, but the question about the firmware my XIM4 uses
from 2016, is that correct or is there a new firmaware somewhere that i should download ?

i was wondering why there was no new firmware since 2016 ?

Have a nice day

Offline peter2021

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:31 AM - 04/12/21 »
Just a follow up question abour the power issue, always when i use the XIM, my controller is fully charged,
but then after ie 6 hours of use, then i guess i have to charge my controller again before cont. to play to be sure that my controller is still fully charged or ?
 :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:50 AM - 04/12/21 »
How long does it take to crash usually? If it crashes about every 8 minutes this is due to an outdated XIM firmware. If it's crashing consistently after about 6 hours (with a fully charge controller to start) then power does seem likely. If the crashes are more random then there's also a chance it could be related to a peripheral conflict.

The answer to your charge question varies. I have to charge my DS4 every couple of months but it's been used since the PS4 launched so it's ability to hold a charge and the amount of charge it can hold has lessened. I also use wireless peripherals so the total power draw is on the lower side. Newer controllers should be better at both of these but the power draw of your setup can affect how much trickle charge your controller is receiving.

Here are the builds that should be used by XIM4 today.

XIM4 Firmware 20200203: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=85446.0
XIM4 MANAGER 20160405: Available on your devices App store or https://community.xim.tech/?topic=46144.0

What peripheral models are you using? There's a chance your setup may benefit from a powered hub if the total power draw is nearly maxing the console port power output.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline peter2021

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:02 AM - 04/14/21 »
Thanks for the answer once again - great support....

Well i guess this is mostly my problem "If it's crashing consistently after about 6 hours (with a fully charge controller to start) then power does seem likely."
i only use my XIM4 every 2 month with a fully charged controller, so i guess my is the power problem
and i can see that should also update the firmware as you wrote to the version you linked to, thank you very much for this
all the help, i will try this and see if this solves my issues.
Have a nice day :)

Admin