XIM Community

XIM4 and Xbox Series X  (Read 640 times)

Offline Putrescine

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PutrescineUK
XIM4 and Xbox Series X
« on: 04:20 AM - 03/23/21 »
Is there any confirmation whether the XIM4 works with the Series X? I can't find a definitive answer. TIA.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 and Xbox Series X
« Reply #1 on: 04:28 AM - 03/23/21 »
If you use an Xbox One Controller then the XIM4 will work on the Xbox Series X. If you use an Xbox One S controller you may have to update your XIM4 Firmware though.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Putrescine

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PutrescineUK
« Reply #2 on: 09:05 AM - 04/10/21 »
In case anyone else reads this post, it is worth clarifying that the XIM 4 DOES NOT work with the Xbox Series X controller.  I've tried it with the latest firmware (20200203) but it does not detect the controller.  Another moderator, mist4fun, has confirmed this.

If you connect an older, series 1 controller to the XIM4 then it works with the Xbox Series X absolutely fine.

Offline Rockyruption

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rockyruption
« Reply #3 on: 12:28 AM - 04/16/21 »
It's pretty poor that 6 months later they still haven't updated xim 4 to work with the current  generation controller... the devs way of telling us to hand over more money and upgrade to the Apex I guess.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 02:35 AM - 04/16/21 »
From what I understand there is no more room in device memory for major compatibility updates for XIM 4, which to be fair, hasnít been produced in over 3 years.

An Xbox One controller works on Series X, which will add another 7 or 8 years to the XIM 4ís lifespan.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:00 AM - 05/03/21 »
It's pretty poor that 6 months later they still haven't updated xim 4 to work with the current  generation controller... the devs way of telling us to hand over more money and upgrade to the Apex I guess.

It's also pretty poor to expect a company to keep updating a product that is older than an iPhone 6.

But handing over the money for the Apex is still handing over the money for a product which is already 3 years old. But...   it will be money well spent, the differences between the Apex and the Xim4 are huge.

Admin