XIM Community

XIM4 and Xbox Series X  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Putrescine

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PutrescineUK
XIM4 and Xbox Series X
« on: 04:20 AM - 03/23/21 »
Is there any confirmation whether the XIM4 works with the Series X? I can't find a definitive answer. TIA.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 and Xbox Series X
« Reply #1 on: 04:28 AM - 03/23/21 »
If you use an Xbox One Controller then the XIM4 will work on the Xbox Series X. If you use an Xbox One S controller you may have to update your XIM4 Firmware though.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Putrescine

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: PutrescineUK
« Reply #2 on: 09:05 AM - 04/10/21 »
In case anyone else reads this post, it is worth clarifying that the XIM 4 DOES NOT work with the Xbox Series X controller.  I've tried it with the latest firmware (20200203) but it does not detect the controller.  Another moderator, mist4fun, has confirmed this.

If you connect an older, series 1 controller to the XIM4 then it works with the Xbox Series X absolutely fine.

Offline Rockyruption

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Rockyruption
« Reply #3 on: 12:28 AM - 04/16/21 »
It's pretty poor that 6 months later they still haven't updated xim 4 to work with the current  generation controller... the devs way of telling us to hand over more money and upgrade to the Apex I guess.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 02:35 AM - 04/16/21 »
From what I understand there is no more room in device memory for major compatibility updates for XIM 4, which to be fair, hasn’t been produced in over 3 years.

An Xbox One controller works on Series X, which will add another 7 or 8 years to the XIM 4’s lifespan.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09:00 AM - 05/03/21 »
It's pretty poor that 6 months later they still haven't updated xim 4 to work with the current  generation controller... the devs way of telling us to hand over more money and upgrade to the Apex I guess.

It's also pretty poor to expect a company to keep updating a product that is older than an iPhone 6.

But handing over the money for the Apex is still handing over the money for a product which is already 3 years old. But...   it will be money well spent, the differences between the Apex and the Xim4 are huge.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:43 AM - 09/22/21 »
Just piggy backing off this post since I'm upgrading my monitor and to a series x, happy to see it'll work with an old controller. I just had a couple questions about how this works. If I have (for example) my Xbox One X ST setup for cold war and warzone, when i switch to series x, will I still use these same st's? Or does each game have a separate section now to select and at for series x? If the answer is I use my same current xim st's/settings, does it feel exactly the same on the new Xbox?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 03:16 PM - 09/22/21 »
You can use any ST on any system, but you’ll get optimal results using a Series X ST on Series X. One exception being the Destiny 2 ST - the Series X ST has problems, so the Xbox One ST feels better.

Note also that you can use an Xbox One controller with XIM 4 to play any game on Series X. The controller doesn’t need to match the ST.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:49 AM - 09/23/21 »
I only play COD so I'm never in the section to create a new config to even notice you could pick a series x ST. cool. So I'm going to have to create new ones for every gsme I play once I get my series x? Would an exact 1 to 1 copy work, like do the senses exactly match up and such?  For example if i used 14 hip fire sense now on one x warzone , would my new series x config feel the same at 14?

Thanks

Offline RiskyShot

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: R1skyShot
« Reply #9 on: 06:18 AM - 09/23/21 »
I have yet to get my xim4 or xim apex to work with the new controllers.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 03:11 PM - 09/23/21 »
XIM 4 won’t work with a Series X controller. XIM APEX requires the beta firmware from https://xim.tech/beta.

Shane, try your Xbox One configs, they should feel the same in CoD games. For new games, try the Series X STs.

Offline ShaneN.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 03:46 AM - 10/06/21 »

Shane, try your Xbox One configs, they should feel the same in CoD games. For new games, try the Series X STs.

Thanks for the reply. To clarify, when I download warzone and cold war again on the series x, ill just keep using my current config and jsit bother making a new one when vanguard drops?  Maybe this is more question for mist, but does that mean when they're trained (I think it's called when the st is developed), they're literally the exactly same no matter which console you're on? .

Finally found a series x that I'm picking up tomorrow, broke down and am paying an extra 200 CAD but you really can't find them in Canada. Ive been looking for a year

Edit: also this isn't xim related but whne I setup the series x, should I do it using the series x controller and controller update on that. Then go back to my Xbox one controller once the Xbox is all setup? If I'm asked to do any sort of update on the one x controller should I (does it affect xim).
« Last Edit: 03:54 AM - 10/06/21 by ShaneN. »

Offline tugano

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:47 AM - 10/15/21 »
Hi Guys, I don't have Xbox One controller as of now but in case If I'm going to buy one, Is it better to go buy a XIM APEX instead and use the XSX controller? Any advise would be really appreciated.

Offline RiskyShot

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: R1skyShot
« Reply #13 on: 03:47 PM - 10/19/21 »
From what I understand there is no more room in device memory for major compatibility updates for XIM 4, which to be fair, hasn’t been produced in over 3 years.

An Xbox One controller works on Series X, which will add another 7 or 8 years to the XIM 4’s lifespan.

I disagree with this. I believe most mods/developers for xim still use xim4 over newer version. There’s a reason why and it says a lot! I find my xim4 way smoother than my xim apex, even when I “mirror” settings to match apex with xim4. Hell I even, copied the ST off xim4 to place it with xim apex with no luck :(

I still have key roll over issues with my xim4. Now on a Logitech I still have to double press W a few times to run or even diagonal slide jump in Apex legends. Extremely frustrating.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #14 on: 04:59 PM - 10/19/21 »
I believe most mods/developers for xim still use xim4 over newer version.
None of the mods, devs or alpha testers use XIM 4. We all moved on with the launch of APEX.

The STs on XIM 4 and APEX are exactly the same.

Admin