XIM Community

[ACTIVE] xbox series x controller  (Read 209 times)

Offline joecepy

• View Profile
[ACTIVE] xbox series x controller
« on: 06:51 PM - 03/22/21 »
I just powered up my xbox series x and updated the firmware and updated the apex firmware and downloaded the latest manager. When i try to configure a game the app does not indicate that it sees the controller.  sees the mouse and gamepad but does not see the controller. I can control the screen fine with actual controller but I can't seem to configure anything on my logitech g13 even though the app says it sees it but it does not indicate it sees the xbox controller. 

any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: 04:38 PM - 03/23/21 by mist4fun »

Offline joecepy

• View Profile
Re: xbox series x controller
« Reply #1 on: 11:20 AM - 03/23/21 »
So it looks like the dongle is loose on one of the port.  Can i buy the dongle separately?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: xbox series x controller
« Reply #2 on: 04:38 PM - 03/23/21 »
Which dongle are you referring to? When you purchase and receive XIM APEX it includes the APEX unit and a 3 port hub. The controller uses a cable to connect to the 3 port hub but not a dongle/receiver.

About APEX not working on your XSX console, when APEX's firmware was updated was the latest build in the download section used or was it updated using the beta firmware? XSX is currently supported by the beta firmware and this is in a separate section of the forum.

If you would like to test our latest beta please visit the link below. Please read the instructions on the download pages. Feedback in the beta section of the forum is appreciated.

https://xim.tech/beta
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline joecepy

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] xbox series x controller
« Reply #3 on: 11:11 PM - 03/24/21 »
Hi Mist,

I ended up using the beta firmware because it wouldn't work at all.  The usb hub is what i'm talking about. I have to literally jiggle the cables to get it work. Sometimes i unplug it entirely and gently plug it back in but if i touch the hub usually the controller turns off.  Tested this by taking the battery out. XIM manager only shows the gamepad and mouse. I switched the peripherals around and it seems it's always the controller that gets disconnected.  If i jiggle it, eventually it'll light up again and i have to be very gentle with it.  Is the usb hub purchasable separately?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] xbox series x controller
« Reply #4 on: 09:15 AM - 03/25/21 »
Is it working now with the beta firmware? Some people have mentioned needing to update their controller firmware, I don't think that's the case here but it couldn't hurt. This can be done in the Xbox settings, be sure to have XIM and hub disconnected before starting. (https://support.xbox.com/en-NZ/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller)

About the connection issue, that may be the APEX port or it could be the hub connector. The hub is just a regular hub with XIM branding, if you have a spare hub it may be helpful to know if you have the same problem it. If this happens with another hub this may point to a problem with the APEX port.

Otherwise, if you aren't able to test another hub could you check if the same problem happens with the controller connected directly to APEX's port? APEX will need to be started with the controller attached like this.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos