XIM Community

Mouse/Keyboard dead after controller update  (Read 205 times)

Offline BucktoofVampire

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BucktoofVampire
  • PSN ID: BucktoofVampire
Mouse/Keyboard dead after controller update
« on: 03:27 PM - 03/20/21 »
I have updated my XIM to the latest firmware, and the manager is also up to date!

Last night I was in the system settings of my XBox One to get remote working for GamePass game installs. It told me I needed to update the firmware on my controller, so I did. Now, when I hook up my XIM 4, the manager sees the mouse and keyboard, but they do nothing to the Xim  (no light changes) and if I try to configure a game it does not see mouse or keyboard actions. Just says it is listening. Nothing happens when I press a key or move the mouse, even when I load a game I have played before.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Mouse/Keyboard dead after controller update
« Reply #1 on: 03:41 PM - 03/20/21 »
Welcome to the community. Make sure you're using the latest beta firmware for XIM 4.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline BucktoofVampire

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BucktoofVampire
  • PSN ID: BucktoofVampire
« Reply #2 on: 04:21 PM - 03/20/21 »
As I said in my original post, "I have updated my XIM to the latest firmware, and the manager is also up to date!"

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 01:25 AM - 03/21/21 »
You may need to press the Xbox button on the controller after the console and XIM boot up.

If that doesn't work, try power cycling the console - https://support.xbox.com/en-AU/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts