XIM Community

Rust Console Beta (PS4)  (Read 5761 times)

Offline iPeeWheniLaf

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: iEatNapkinz
Rust Console Beta (PS4)
« on: 09:32 AM - 03/18/21 »
Hello Xim community

So I've been playing Rust on console for about a week now. I'm on PS4. I figured there isn't going to be a new config out for the game until it's actually released. I've used a few different profiles of different games just to see which one works best. I started off with Cyberpunks config and that didn't feel right. Then I figured Ark is a survival game, let's try that. Arks profile doesn't have an ADS option so it make movement and ADS for rust a bit slow no matter how high the settings were.

Then I used the Vigor profile and that seems to work the best. I set the movement to 15.5 and ADS to 17.50

There's a lot of different in game options and settings I changed as well but I forgot what they were and I'm currently at work. I'll update this post once I get home. The game currently only has preset button maps that really suck so I know the adjustments I made work well for my play style.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Rust Console Beta (PS4)
« Reply #1 on: 10:56 AM - 03/18/21 »
Welcome to the community. Did you add your own ADS page using the ARK config? If not, with expert mode enabled, enable the first AUX page in the config then name it "Aim Down Sight". Set the activation key to the same key that will be used for ADS then make adjustments for ADS on this page.

The STs that you've mentioned are all made for circular mechanics. You may have luck using a Generic Alpha config that is at the bottom of the new game list. To account for deadzone, slowly move the mouse at 1.0 sensitivity while raising boost. When the mouse begins to move consistently stop raising boost and begin to adjust other settings like Sensitivity, YX Ratio, and the ballistics curve.

Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline cruxy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:25 AM - 03/21/21 »
tried a lot of profiles as well.  there are many who feel about the same as Vigor does.  i'd rate them 'ok' as they have a lot of difficulty with micro movements.  circular mouse movements give a square crosshair movement ingame, and trying to make small adjustments in the crosshair elevation while tracking an object horizontally feels as though your mouse is stuck to a flat line along the horizon, you really have to push up or down to get it to break through that horizontal track and then it looks like its tracking along a set of stairs lol.   

maybe theres a way to smooth out those corners but i'm not familiar enough with xim to figure it out.

Offline D3stiN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:45 AM - 04/24/21 »
Works beta for people who bought the game before the premiere and tested the settings for Realm Royale works very well but not perfect for me the best setting

Offline DEMENT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DEMENT__
« Reply #4 on: 06:13 AM - 06/06/21 »
Hello Xim community

So I've been playing Rust on console for about a week now. I'm on PS4. I figured there isn't going to be a new config out for the game until it's actually released. I've used a few different profiles of different games just to see which one works best. I started off with Cyberpunks config and that didn't feel right. Then I figured Ark is a survival game, let's try that. Arks profile doesn't have an ADS option so it make movement and ADS for rust a bit slow no matter how high the settings were.

Then I used the Vigor profile and that seems to work the best. I set the movement to 15.5 and ADS to 17.50

There's a lot of different in game options and settings I changed as well but I forgot what they were and I'm currently at work. I'll update this post once I get home. The game currently only has preset button maps that really suck so I know the adjustments I made work well for my play style.

I decided to use this Vigor profile, used in game sensitivity all the way up, and reduced dead zone to 15%.

Seems to be alright, best I could find. Both ads and hip are at 15.0

Kinda wana try other st, like Hz1z, fallout, or something that kinda feels similar to rust.
Gaming: PS4
Audio: Astro Mixmamp TR PRO/FiiO E09K -> AKG K702/Modmic 5
Control: Xim Apex -> Hp Standard Keyboard/G502
PSN: DEMENT__
Youtube: Voltaik Entertainment