XIM Community

Thrust master hotas one in place of Xbox controller.  (Read 1716 times)

Offline Sleeper11311

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LxSLEEPERxl
If it would be possible to make an update to the firmware so that the thrust master hotas one could be utilized in the slot for the controller on the the xim apex it would be awesome. That would allow me to use the hotas for light and mouse and keyboard for other parts of games. For example in Elite Dangerous there will soon have space legs and I would like to play the flight portion of the game on hotas and the walking part on mouse and keyboard without unplugging the xim apex or hotas every time I change activityís in the game. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this happen. Thanks xim team you make a lot of games more fun and this would be useful for me an Iím sure others.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Thrust master hotas one in place of Xbox controller.
« Reply #1 on: 10:30 AM - 03/16/21 »
Welcome to the community. Does this device have a PC mode (i.e. presents itself as a standard USB joystick)?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Sleeper11311

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:56 PM - 03/16/21 »
Yes it dose and the xim apex will recognize it in pc mode however the inputs from the hotas and mouse / keyboard do not work on the conceal end when in this configuration.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 03:08 PM - 03/17/21 »
It depends largely on the HOTAS. Some of them enumerate as two separate devices and most will likely require dedicated driver support. I believe the Logitech 3D Extreme Pro is supported on XIM APEX. For other HOTAS sticks, pairing a XIM APEX with a Titan Two is the most likely solution to work.

There are Titan Two configs for popular sticks like T.Flight, X52 and Warthog. A quick search in Gtuner IV showed a number of configs for the Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS One and One X.

Long story short, Titan Two supports both XIM APEX and Thrustmaster HOTAS devices for XB1. How it would work is XIM APEX, mouse, keyboard & controller in INPUT-A. HOTAS in INPUT-B. Titan Two combines the input into a single output device.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Sleeper11311

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:51 PM - 03/17/21 »
Well I was hoping that the thrust master hotas one word count as a controller seeing as it is a licensed Xbox device. I am playing on a Xbox S/X and it has 3 USB ports. I need 1 for my head set because the got rid of the optical port, 1 for a keyboard for typing, and 1 for the xim or the hotas. If I plug in the hotas and the xim at the same time only 1 will work.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #5 on: 09:00 PM - 03/17/21 »
The easiest solution would seem to be to either -
a) unplug the kb and use the mobile app for messaging, or
b) connect a USB hub for the headphones & kb.

Both leave a spare port for the HOTAS.

You could also connect a kb to Titan Two and swap between controller (XIM) and keyboard passthrough...plenty of options :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Sleeper11311

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:05 PM - 03/17/21 »
Iíll keep working with it it could definitely be worse. Just trying to have my cake and eat it to lol. Thanks for the input on the titan though I hadnít heard of that device. It looks promising.

Admin