XIM Community

Eve Spectrum Monitor  (Read 311 times)

Offline Merrith

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DancingCalamity
Eve Spectrum Monitor
« on: 05:52 PM - 03/11/21 »
Just wanted to make a quick inquiry on the potential compatibility between the Xim Apex and the built in USB hub in the soon-to-be released monitors (https://evedevices.com/pages/full-specs) The ports seem to support the power supply and downstream/upstream capabilities.

Is it safe to assume that the monitor can be used as a KVM with the xim? Many thanks!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Eve Spectrum Monitor
« Reply #1 on: 07:35 PM - 03/12/21 »
Is it integrating a hub or KVM in the monitor?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 11:59 PM - 03/12/21 »
Doubtful at best.

The controller must remain connected to the XIM APEX USB hub at all times for authentication with the console. Swapping the controller via a KVM either won't work with APEX for authentication, or will potentially crash it.

So, you'd need to connect a secondary hub to the XIM APEX hub to ensure the controller is perma-connected for console auth. This makes the exercise seem futile...assuming the monitor's hub works as intended.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Merrith

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DancingCalamity
« Reply #3 on: 04:27 PM - 03/14/21 »
Thank you both for the hasty reply. Spectrum has a built-in manual KVM switch. I was thinking of connecting the peripherals via USB-A or USB-C to the monitor and utilizing a data upstream port from the monitor to the Xim/PS5, perhaps daisy-chain the apex hub with the controller for authentication. Then manually switch Spectrumís video input source and data upstream. I won't be terribly disappointed if this composition is not ostensible. But I found the possibility to be intriguing. I will be getting the Monitor regardless. If it crashes, it crashes!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 04:44 PM - 03/14/21 »
If it's just the m/kb connected to Eve, it will probably work using the suggested configuration.

Keep in mind that Windows 10 is pretty flakey with USB swapping and may crash its USB host. If it does, the kb will be unresponsive and the only solution is a PC reboot.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts