XIM Community

Xim Apex: Stock  (Read 820 times)

Offline Lopefy

• View Profile
Xim Apex: Stock
« on: 03:04 PM - 12/29/21 »
Will the Xim Apex be restocked at all?
i literally am unable to purchase one for retail or under because they are not being sold anymore, and have (i assume) been out of stock for longer than i was aware.
With the release of the new XimTech product will production for Xim Apex cease (or has already done so)?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Xim Apex: Stock
« Reply #1 on: 07:17 PM - 12/29/21 »
Welcome to the community. XIM APEX, like many other consumer electronic products, is affected by the world wide silicon shortages and supply chain issues. As a result, there isn't a future batch planned or in the works. During this time, we are watching the industry to see if it makes sense to build more XIM APEXs when the supply issues ease up.

One thing we are looking at is how prevalent native mouse support is within future titles coming out. XIM was created to allow people to game with input devices that weren't available in the games they played. As mouse support becomes more standard in console shooters, devices like XIM APEX become less applicable. You can see this happening already as we see more and more support requests for using XIM on PC which it was never designed to do. It was created to give us choice in console games that didn't have it.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.