XIM Community

Nacon compact controller not recognized  (Read 6934 times)

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xzoR93
Nacon compact controller not recognized
« on: 04:34 PM - 03/10/21 »
Hi,

I've recently been lucky enough to get my hands on a PS5. Due to a disability in my hands i have troubles using a controller with some games, so the XIM Apex seems like a great solution. I bought the compact controller specifically, because it was listed as a working controller for the PS5.

A few minutes ago i was setting up everything and so far, i didn't face any problems. But when i tried to make a new config, i'm running into problems. When looking into the HUD, i see two logitech logo's. Which is expected, because my mouse and keyboard are logitechs. The third space though is empty.

When using my keyboard and mouse, nothing happens. They are active though, because the LED's are active and are connected only to the Apex.

I hope you guys can help me out. What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

Offline fuxx1337

• View Profile
Re: Nacon compact controller not recognized
« Reply #1 on: 05:13 AM - 03/11/21 »
did you set the controller connection to cable, not via usb?
is the controller turned on and placed in the 3rd position in the hub?

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:20 AM - 03/11/21 »
The connection method you mean? I think that is the problem. The video stated that you had to change the connection method if you were using a controller that came with the box. I skipped it because i was trying to use a third party controller, but it makes sense. I will try it as soon as possible. Thank you!

I suppose you need to change it back to bluetooth if i want to use the DualSense controller wireless?

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:24 AM - 03/13/21 »
I've changed the communication method to USB, and now the controller shows up in the app so that hurdle has been dealt with, but when i try to change the bindings, it says listening..., but all though my mouse and keyboard are active, nothing happens when i press or click a button. I use the Nacon Compact controller btw.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 05:29 AM - 03/14/21 »
Make sure you're using the latest XIM APEX FW - https://xim.tech/beta

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:43 AM - 03/14/21 »
I updated the firmware on the day of my purchase, 4 days ago, but i will do so again. Maybe do a factory reset and start over to see if that helps.

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:14 AM - 03/14/21 »
I did the factory reset and started all over, and when i connected the XIM i realized that i saw the rainbow sequence going on very quickly (maybe a second or so) but no rapid green lights and i watched it for 3 minutes and nothing happened. Just flashing red.

The video states that the most common reason is a faulty cable, but in my case i think it's unlikely, because i bought it specifically for the Apex, it is brand new and it works perfectly fine as a ps4 controller. I tested that just to be sure.

The controller shows up in the HUD on the XIM app though, and the led color changes if i change the profile color in the app. But when i try to change the bindings, nothing happens. I'm at a bit of a loss.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:40 PM - 03/14/21 »
Just got mine.  Purchased from an Amazon prime seller.

Nacon https://imgur.com/a/RhlBblk

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:43 AM - 03/15/21 »
https://ibb.co/7Xjxmv6

I bought this one. 'Bedrade' means wired, just to clarify. It seems like it is exactly the same one.

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:06 PM - 03/16/21 »
https://ibb.co/7Xjxmv6

I bought this one. 'Bedrade' means wired, just to clarify. It seems like it is exactly the same one.

Unfortunately not too sure on what else it may be.  The only thing I can think of is if it's a counterfeit controller that could be the cause.  Maybe trying the rear ports or just mouse no keyboard to see if it works first?  Are you using xim apex default cable, etc?  I know some people had issues if they used a different usb hub.

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:00 PM - 03/17/21 »
I tried all the ports on the back and front, and i use all the default parts coming with the Apex itself. I will try pairing it without any other pheripherals.

I read here and there on this forum that some people had similar problems with this particular controller. Is that true? Should i try another controller?

Offline ZioComposite

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:56 PM - 03/18/21 »
I tried all the ports on the back and front, and i use all the default parts coming with the Apex itself. I will try pairing it without any other pheripherals.

I read here and there on this forum that some people had similar problems with this particular controller. Is that true? Should i try another controller?

Yes, using another controller on the list would be suggested.

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09:31 AM - 03/21/21 »
I did a factory reset again and tried to connect it once with the mouse connected only, and with the mouse connected only, and the same thing happened. Rainbow sequence, but no green lights.

Does that mean that the controller is the problem? Would it even be useful to try another controller? I'm not sure what is the connection bottleneck.

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:26 AM - 03/21/21 »
I reconnected my PS4 to see if everything worked there (why haven't i done this earlier) and it worked like a charm. I got the whole thing running within a few minutes and my mouse and keyboard worked, so i guess it's the controllers 'fault' on the PS5's side.

Offline Bakbanaan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:22 PM - 03/24/21 »
I purchased the fighting commander and i'm running into exactly the same problem unfortunately. I cant make the thing flash green lol.

On my PS4, with the original DS4 controller, it works flawlessly, nut on the PS5, with the compact and the fighting commander, it's a big nope so far. I'm a bit sad to be honest...