XIM Community

Fallout 3 & Fable 2 more of the same?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline chrisyunh

• View Profile
Fallout 3 & Fable 2 more of the same?
« on: 05:17 PM - 09/04/08 »
Both games are coming out towards end of October. I've heard criticisms of Fallout 3 being Oblivion in different clothing, while Fable 2 is nothing but Fable 1 with better graphics. If you guys have been following either games, will any of them live up to the hype?

Offline Bailey

• View Profile
Re: Fallout 3 & Fable 2 more of the same?
« Reply #1 on: 09:24 AM - 09/05/08 »
i have heard something similar to fallout 3 being oblivion with dif clothes on, however the interaction with AI has said to have been improved dramatically.  I personally love the fallout series and have played them on the PC and cant wait to get fallout 3 when it comes out.   

Offline chrisyunh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:05 PM - 09/05/08 »
do you have any qualms about the combat system being both real-time shooting and specific target shooting? I mean, it worked ok in Fallout 2 because of higher usage of action points, but I don't see how they will balance it out in #3.

Offline nickstudy

• MVP
  • Xim360 Tester. All Hail Xim360!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:53 PM - 09/21/08 »
do you have any qualms about the combat system being both real-time shooting and specific target shooting? I mean, it worked ok in Fallout 2 because of higher usage of action points, but I don't see how they will balance it out in #3.

This was the #1 thing I saw, I watched some gameplay and then I saw this pausing crap going on and target selecting and it totally turned me off completely. I like real time and I don't like the pausing and selecting crap. It was ok with Mass Effect, but since they want to to take that route I'll just have to see how it turns out. I never played Fable 1, I am a big RPG fan, but never tried that one, I heard about it ALOT though just never got around to it.
Happy Xim360 tester (former)

Gamertag ii TR00F ii
That's 2 i's a space a TR then 2 zero's an F then a space then 2 more i's.

Offline singularity2030

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:08 PM - 09/26/08 »
You take oblivion, give it a different look and story, and I'd be happy.  I loved the way Oblivion played.  I only had one complaint with it.  it's too easy.  The leveling enemies to your level thing didn't work out.  Everywhere I go, the enemies die with minimal effort.  I think the whole reason of leveling your character and becoming more powerful in an RPG is so that you can take down bigger and badder enemies and reach previously unattainable areas(where the better loot should be).  I don't care if it's real time either.  i'm still a fan of the old turn based RPGs as long as it's implemented right.

On the fable 2 subject:  I certainly hope it differentiates itself from Fable 1.  That game got hyped so much and it failed to deliver.  It's a worthy rental at best.

Offline Cyclone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:32 AM - 09/30/08 »

This was the #1 thing I saw, I watched some gameplay and then I saw this pausing crap going on and target selecting and it totally turned me off completely. I like real time and I don't like the pausing and selecting crap. It was ok with Mass Effect, but since they want to to take that route I'll just have to see how it turns out. I never played Fable 1, I am a big RPG fan, but never tried that one, I heard about it ALOT though just never got around to it.

Well you can choose to use the VATS targeting system or you can not use it and it'll play like a FPS.

Although I don't know if I'll get Fallout 3 I plan on getting Fable 2 hopefully.

paulybear

« Reply #6 on: 06:12 AM - 10/05/08 »
Definitely gonna pick these two up. Gonna get expensive towards the end of the year! :D

I read somewhere that the co-op in fable 2 wont be around until a week after release. Not sure if that still stands, or if they're delaying for a week.

Sucks if you were gonna play through with a buddy from the off.

paulybear

« Reply #7 on: 03:20 AM - 10/10/08 »
Definitely gonna pick these two up. Gonna get expensive towards the end of the year! :D

I read somewhere that the co-op in fable 2 wont be around until a week after release. Not sure if that still stands, or if they're delaying for a week.

Sucks if you were gonna play through with a buddy from the off.

http://community.lionhead.com/blogs/fable_2_development/archive/2008/10/09/3107261.aspx

Remember a couple of days ago (or was it a week) where on a blog it was mentioned that Fable II would be shipping 'without' Online Co-op? And remember we said we were busting our balls to get it ready in time for a 'Day One' release? Well -  news folks! It looks like we've done it...for all of you who are connected to Xbox Live, when starting up your copy of Fable II (on 21st October in USA, 24th October in Europe and 18th December in Japan). So all of you getting upset and all, you wouldn't even have noticed... Sort of. Well done to the team.

Taken into account we don't fail certification!