XIM Community

Xim4 + titan Two with third party controller on ps5 games?  (Read 507 times)

Offline Ryanyth

• View Profile
Hi all. I'm currently using titan Two and xim4 and plugged in genuine ds4 to play ps4 games on ps5. It's worked perfectly. I'm just wonder can I buy a third party controller to play ps5 game? I readed some of the post says xim4 is not compatible with other than genuine ds4 controller. It makes me confuse should I buy apex in the future or third party controller.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Iíll test this today. Leave the DS4 attached to XIM4 and the third-party controller connected to Titan Two. XIM4 in INPUT-A, controller in INPUT-B.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Ryanyth

• View Profile
Iíll test this today. Leave the DS4 attached to XIM4 and the third-party controller connected to Titan Two. XIM4 in INPUT-A, controller in INPUT-B.
Thanks! Please update to me. I would like to know is it works. For ps4 games on ps5 I just attached ds4 on xim4 and connected into INPUT-A on titan Two. INPUT-B did not plug anything. Passed authentication without any problem.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Alrighty...I finally had a spare hour or two to run some tests.

I can confirm that plugging a Nacon Compact PS4 Controller into Titan Two's INPUT-B port and XIM4 into INPUT-A works to play PS4 and PS5 games. I updated to the latest XIM4 FW and plugged a DS4 V2, mouse and kb into XIM4.

Make sure Titan Two is running the latest FW (1.10.3.4) and is set to USB PS5 Protocol in Gtuner IV.
PS5 also needs to be set to Use USB Cable in Settings > Accessories > Controllers.

I can also confirm Nacon Compact PS4 Controller is plug & play with XIM APEX, with or without a Titan Two. There's no need to unplug & replug the Nacon, it just works.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Ryanyth

• View Profile
Alrighty...I finally had a spare hour or two to run some tests.

I can confirm that plugging a Nacon Compact PS4 Controller into Titan Two's INPUT-B port and XIM4 into INPUT-A works to play PS4 and PS5 games. I updated to the latest XIM4 FW and plugged a DS4 V2, mouse and kb into XIM4.

Make sure Titan Two is running the latest FW (1.10.3.4) and is set to USB PS5 Protocol in Gtuner IV.
PS5 also needs to be set to Use USB Cable in Settings > Accessories > Controllers.

I can also confirm Nacon Compact PS4 Controller is plug & play with XIM APEX, with or without a Titan Two. There's no need to unplug & replug the Nacon, it just works.
thank you for your time! It's a great news for who owned old gen XIM4 and titan two still able to play ps5 games.  ;D

Offline cignonero

• View Profile
Ps4 games work on ps5 only whit xim4 +dualshock 4? Or need titan 2

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
To play PS5 games with a XIM4 youíll need a Titan Two.