XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20210223] [Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5] (**LATEST**)  (Read 56436 times)

Offline mohamedabousaleh

• View Profile
can someone confirm which 3rd party controller will play ps5 game on PS5. I got nacon wired but it didnt work
what is the chepest one to work and how?

Nacon should work, Make sure you've updated your XIM Apex "Firmware"

You need to update the firmware with a PC.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=92640.0

i do have the latest but when i start the game it says only ps4 controllers are not supported for ps5 games

Offline Thegr81

• View Profile
Hey guys. I own 2 Xim Apex. One for myself and one for my son. I want to use the xim apex on both ps5 at the same time. Can I buy one of the Hori Mini Controllers start up my PS5 have everything set-up then unplug the Hori controller and plug it into my kids XIM Apex with his PS5 and get that to work? or would I need to buy 2 of these controllers because they are expensive if I have to buy 2 lol

Offline s2601d

• View Profile
Hey guys. I own 2 Xim Apex. One for myself and one for my son. I want to use the xim apex on both ps5 at the same time. Can I buy one of the Hori Mini Controllers start up my PS5 have everything set-up then unplug the Hori controller and plug it into my kids XIM Apex with his PS5 and get that to work? or would I need to buy 2 of these controllers because they are expensive if I have to buy 2 lol
Unfortunately controller need to be always connected to Xim Apex

Offline soureraser

• View Profile
Hello everyone,
I apologize for my simple question however I wanted to double check before I go and purchase a official 3rd party controller.

I was initially thinking of buying a Hori Mini for my PS5, however upon researching I heard that DS4 controller must be used to turn on the PS5 then I would need to plug in the Hori Mini for authentication. Unfortunately, PS5 is my only console and I do not have any other controller avalible (besides the PS5 controller).

With that being said, I am looking to purchase Hori Fighting Commander instead but would that also require DS4 to turn on the PS5? Or can I use my PS5 controller to turn on the console? Or can I press the power button manually?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Hello everyone,
I apologize for my simple question however I wanted to double check before I go and purchase a official 3rd party controller.

I was initially thinking of buying a Hori Mini for my PS5, however upon researching I heard that DS4 controller must be used to turn on the PS5 then I would need to plug in the Hori Mini for authentication. Unfortunately, PS5 is my only console and I do not have any other controller avalible (besides the PS5 controller).

With that being said, I am looking to purchase Hori Fighting Commander instead but would that also require DS4 to turn on the PS5? Or can I use my PS5 controller to turn on the console? Or can I press the power button manually?
Don't get a Hori, go for a Nacon Compact Wired PS4 controller. It doesn't need to be disconnected from and reconnected to XIM APEX and costs about the same as a Hori Mini.

A DualShock 4 shouldn't be required in any case - use the power button on the console to turn it on.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Dymo

• View Profile
Don't get a Hori, go for a Nacon Compact Wired PS4 controller. It doesn't need to be disconnected from and reconnected to XIM APEX and costs about the same as a Hori Mini.

A DualShock 4 shouldn't be required in any case - use the power button on the console to turn it on.

in first post
Nacon Compact Controller (**)
(**) Mixed working/not working reports for this controller.

You sure it works ?

Offline Deadkrash

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Deadkrash
I have a Horipad FPS Plus never had an issue and never had to unplug it. Works perfectly.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
in first post
Nacon Compact Controller (**)
(**) Mixed working/not working reports for this controller.

You sure it works ?

It works if you update your XIM Apex to the latest BETA FIRMWARE.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline zerocooljai

• View Profile
Can anyone confirm that the scuf impact doesn't work with the xim apex in black ops cold war. I updated to the newest firmware and plugged my scuf impact into the third slot and when I start the ps5 version it says it won't work with a dual sense controller. What gives? Any advice or comments is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Scuf is a modified DualShock 4, itís not a licenced third-party controller. DS4 controllers donít work in PS5 games.

Youíll need a controller listed in https://xim.tech/beta to play PS5 games. Nacon Compact Wired PS4 Controller is the best option.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ItsJustDev

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ItsJustNasty
So i bought the @play compact and i havenít been able to get it to work with the xim. It works perfectly fine by its self however.

Firmwares
- Manger: 5.00.20190804
- Firm: 5.00.20200307

Console: PS5

Iíve factory reset my xim, used a new config, switch the ports around and nothing which is why i am resorting to the forums.
« Last Edit: 10:45 AM - 06/18/21 by ItsJustDev »

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
So i bought the @play compact and i havenít been able to get it to work with the xim. It works perfectly fine by its self however.

Firmwares

Iíve factory reset my xim, used a new config, switch the ports around and nothing which is why i am resorting to the forums.

You need to update your XIM Apex's Firmware with a PC or Laptop, Download the Firmware Update tool from this link
http://cloud.xim.tech/Beta/XIMAPEXFlash-20210223-PC.exe
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline ItsJustDev

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ItsJustNasty

Firmwares

You need to update your XIM Apex's Firmware with a PC or Laptop, Download the Firmware Update tool from this link
http://cloud.xim.tech/Beta/XIMAPEXFlash-20210223-PC.exe

I already updated it. every time i plug it in it says itís up to date, unless the macbook flash app isnít updated?

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
Firmwares

From what you've sent, your XIM Firmware is old (2020 March)

Here is a link to the latest Mac firmware tool (2021 February)
http://cloud.xim.tech/Beta/XIMAPEXFlash-20210223-Mac.zip

If it still says it up to date for some reason with the above tool, Try factory resetting it instead.
« Last Edit: 12:13 AM - 06/19/21 by He4DHuNt3r »

Offline lowrider82

• View Profile
Hey obsiv, i see some 3rd party controllers were released for ps5
https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/ps5-gets-ultra-expensive-elite-style-controller-from-hexgaming/1100-6492993/?__twitter_impression=true

Would these help get full support for xim apex with dualsense?

Admin