XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20210223] [Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5]  (Read 72054 times)

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
Asking for a friend. Is it possible to use an elite controller on the PS5 with the Apex?
XiM3R since ever since.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Asking for a friend. Is it possible to use an elite controller on the PS5 with the Apex?

Yes, cross console controller support to allow you to use an Xbox controller on a PlayStation should work for PS5.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline W11cE

• MVP
    • View Profile
Just wanted to update you guys on the hori mini pad PS4. I no longer have to plug it in after the xim boots up. Itís now picking it up plugged in while booting every time. Donít know if you guys intended to fix it and if I am the only one that would be weird but thank you just makes it a little less on an inconvenience.

Hmm, no, we didn't change anything there. :) Maybe someone else with the Mini can confirm as well.
For me the Hori Mini Pad is not working. I still have to replug it to Apex like before.

Offline viera1905

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: viera1905
This BETA firmware enables:
● Support for Xbox Series X/S controllers on both Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One consoles.
● Support for PlayStation 5 through a limited set of PlayStation 4 3rd party controllers.
● Support for the XIM Universal Games Database system used by all versions of Manager going forward.

Changes since last BETA:
Added support for XIM Universal Games Databases.

FEEDBACK: Please help us test this new support and provide feedback here (even if you are gaming on an Xbox One or PlayStation 4).

COMPATIBILITY: This firmware can be used with all versions of XIM APEX Manager back to 20180402. However, to add a Config for game designed specifically for a next-gen console, you must be on the latest Beta Manager.

Xbox Series X/S Requirements
Xbox has released patches to address spontaneous shutdowns experienced by owners of the console. You may need to force your Xbox to download the update:

Go to Settings on your Xbox Series X/S, then, System and then Updates and make sure you are current.

PlayStation 5 Requirements
Unlike support for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 where you use a DS4 and DS3 respectively as your console controller on your XIM APEX, PlayStation 5 support requires the use of specific 3rd party PlayStation 4 controllers (not a DS5, DS4, or DS3 controller).

Most PS4 3rd party controller should work, however, the following controllers have been tested and known to work (remember to plug into port "..." on your hub):

@play Wired Compact
Horipad 4 FPS
Hori Fighting Commander
Hori Mini Gamepad (*)
Mad Catz SFV Arcade Fightstick Alpha
Mad Catz TE2
Nacon Pro Revolution V1/2/3
Nacon Compact Controller
Razer Raiju
Vivitar LVLUP Gaming

(*) Requires the controller be connected to your hub after your XIM has been connected to your console and initialized.

If you try a different 3rd party controller, please let us know how it works so we can keep this list current. We will work to add support for non-functioning 3rd party controllers if we can.

When creating Configs for your PlayStation 5, select PlayStation 4 in Manager as the console.

XIM APEX Firmware

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20210223 for PC
Windows 7/8/8.1/10 x86/x64

Download XIM APEX Firmware Tool 20210223 for Mac
macOS 10.11 or higher

Flash Upgrade Instructions (instructional video):
1. Hold down the button on your XIM APEX
2. Plug your XIM APEX into your computer while continuing to hold the button
3. Wait for your XIM APEX's light to display blue and then release the button
4. Download and run the XIMAPEXFlash tool
5. Select Update Firmware
6. Disconnect your XIM APEX from your computer after the tool completes

cronus zen not working

Offline mrn

• View Profile
Updated the manager on my iPhone and work just fine no bugs so far. Tested the firmware on my ps5 and work no problem at all with Hori Mini. But when i use the latest beta firmware I canít use with cronus zen because it does not work. But the latest firmware of last year (the one that i was using before) worked just fine.

Offline Urizuku

• Future Legend
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Urizuku
@OBsIV

any updates on the compatibility on the Scuf Vantage and other unsupported 3rd party controllers?

Offline Parsa41

• View Profile
Hi
I just buy the nacon pro revelution2 for connecting xim apex to my ps5 whit M&k
And change connection to wired in setting
But i can't connect and play ps5 versiom of games and the eror show i cant play ps5 game with this controller
Now what can i do for this problom ?

Offline Sealith

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Sealith86
Hi,

got the Nacon Compact Controller. Sometimes it works right when the PS5 starts, but sometimes I have to restart the console or I do it directly like with the Hori Mini Gamepad.

Offline Scrotesmd2

• View Profile
Nancon compact works great by the way. I'd highly recommend it , it's actually a decent controller for the cost.

Offline link575

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LoneWolf575
I've been having strange issues since updating the firmware. Sometimes when I start my Series X the XIM will start just fine, other times it will have a solid white light which will be fixed by unplugging and replugging the XIM, and other times it will start but won't authenticate the controller instead flashing yellow. At that point it requires a restart of the console then it works again.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
I've been having strange issues since updating the firmware. Sometimes when I start my Series X the XIM will start just fine, other times it will have a solid white light which will be fixed by unplugging and replugging the XIM, and other times it will start but won't authenticate the controller instead flashing yellow. At that point it requires a restart of the console then it works again.

I don't think it's related to this update specifically since the Xbox controller support wasn't changed. We are working on a much larger change that we hope will end any strange behavior (like this and also random console shutdowns, etc) with Series X/S consoles.

Offline link575

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LoneWolf575
Ok, just thought I'd mention it since it began after I updated.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok, just thought I'd mention it since it began after I updated.

Thanks for reporting it!

Offline Toshiro

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Toshiro___X
the download link for mac is not working please fix  https://imgur.com/a/MYdqtCm

Offline playlogitech

• View Profile
I bought Hori Mini Pad and can confirm it is working in ps4 and ps5 versions of the game.
The only issue that I need to replug the usb cord of the controller into the xim when xim is already in work. I saw other people already reported about this. Can it be fixed anyhow? Actually, this is the cheapest solution on russian market... so I dont mind

Admin