XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20210223] [Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5]  (Read 75131 times)

Offline InZane

• Discord: InZane#9684
    • View Profile
Getting my PS5 this week. Do all 3rd party PS4 controllers thats confirmed to work perform the same with Xim or will there be a difference if i use e.g Horipad vs Razer Raiju? Also do supported controllers with 3.5mm output work for sound and voice?
XIM APEX | PS5 | Xbox One X | Glorious Model O/Logitech G502 | QPAD MK-90 | Astro A40/Logitech G35 | BenQ 144hz

Offline Kolljn

• View Profile
Would the Razer Raion Fightpad work as well? Has anyone tested it?

Offline soulsazn

• View Profile
All I see people on here mention is the hori mini and I wanted something that I didn't need to worry about special steps to get it working. Just wanted to let people know who might be in the same boat that the Hori FPS plus works perfectly.
I just keep everything plugged in on my xim apex and everything functions as it is supposed to when I plug into my ps5.

Offline rogaliczek2424

• View Profile
which controller works perfectly with ps5? the price does not matter, it just works

Offline gyaku_tsuki

• View Profile
Scuf Vantage 2 worked for you? And this was playing the PS5 version of Cold War?

Yes, I can 100% confirm that plugging the Scuf Vantage 2 (discontinued) into the '...' port of the XIM Apex works for playing the PS5 version of CoD Cold War (I've been using for the past 2 weeks) which is great because whenever I attempted to use that controller plugged or paired with the PS5 it would ask for a DualSense instead.
(the other HORI controllers mentioned also worked, but plugging in an arcade stick / flight stick makes for a weird/messy setup lol)

XIM Apex the gift that keeps on giving ;)

Offline Urizuku

• Future Legend
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Urizuku
Scuf Vantage 2 worked for you? And this was playing the PS5 version of Cold War?

Yes, I can 100% confirm that plugging the Scuf Vantage 2 (discontinued) into the '...' port of the XIM Apex works for playing the PS5 version of CoD Cold War (I've been using for the past 2 weeks) which is great because whenever I attempted to use that controller plugged or paired with the PS5 it would ask for a DualSense instead.
(the other HORI controllers mentioned also worked, but plugging in an arcade stick / flight stick makes for a weird/messy setup lol)

XIM Apex the gift that keeps on giving ;)

huh thatís weird, for mine my XIM flashes purple lights, and it has major out of sync movements above 125hz. What polling rate do you play at and is your scuf the wireless or wired version? are you using the scuf vantage for mouse and keyboard authentication or to play with the controller on PS5 games?

Offline Piadina7

• View Profile
Getting my PS5 this week. Do all 3rd party PS4 controllers thats confirmed to work perform the same with Xim or will there be a difference if i use e.g Horipad vs Razer Raiju? Also do supported controllers with 3.5mm output work for sound and voice?
Is It working for you?

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Is It working for you?

Nacon Compact Controllers 3.5mm aux port works for me with XIM Apex ^^
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline InZane

• Discord: InZane#9684
    • View Profile
Is It working for you?

Nacon Compact Controllers 3.5mm aux port works for me with XIM Apex ^^

Thats nice! I found my old Logitech G35 USB headset so i can use that plugged directly to my PS5. But i liked my Astro A40's better but it has 3.5mm. For now im using PS4 controller to play Cold War PS4 version until i get a 3rd party controller but i cant get any sound when i plug the Astro to the ps4 controller. Any tips?
XIM APEX | PS5 | Xbox One X | Glorious Model O/Logitech G502 | QPAD MK-90 | Astro A40/Logitech G35 | BenQ 144hz

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
I made a thread about this awhile ago but I just want to confirm for the latest beta firmware that the Qanba Obsidian and Pearl arcade sticks work just fine to authenticate the Apex on PS5 and use it for PS5-native games. Iím using the latest beta Manager on iOS, Logitech G Pro wireless mouse, and PS Nav in wireless mode.

I donít need to change the Communication Method to ďUse USB cableĒ in my PS5 controller settings but I did need to boot up the Apex with the Nav disconnected the first time. Then I plugged the Nav into port ď.Ē on the Apex hub, waited a second, and unplugged it. Now the Nav works in wireless mode if power it on after the PS5 and Apex boot up. Havenít needed to reconnect the Nav to the hub via USB again since the initial pairing.

The headphone jack on the Qanba doesnít output audio but it does mute the audio on my TV when I plug in headphones so maybe I can get it working with some fiddling and power cycling. However, I found that I can just turn on my DualSense, sign it in as a guest, and then use the headphone jack on it for audio when I donít feel like charging my A50s or PS Gold wireless headset.

Also, quick tip: most wall chargers donít recognize the PS Nav but if you have a Nintendo Switch then the USB ports on the side of the Switch dock will charge a Nav controller, even while the Switch is in sleep mode.
XIM Apex | XSX | PS5 | G303 Shroud Edition | PS Nav | JDS Atom DAC⇢Subjective3⇢Atom Amp⇢SHP9500

Offline sieferswe82

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: sieferswe
Can anyone confirm that Razer Raijun works without a problem? Having thought about getting it for the sole purpose of getting Apex up and running on my PS5

Offline Lakusas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CP-Lakusas
Hi everyone,

I have an issue with the PS5 compatibility...
I updated my Xim APEX with the last firmware available on this topic, I put my 3rd party controller "Razer Raiju Ultimate" in the "..." slot of the APEX and it doesn't work in games.
The PS5 recognized it, I can use my keyboard to navigate into the console menu but as soon as I launch a PS5 game, Outriders in that case, my screen show the message "You can't play PS5 games with a DUALSHOCK 4 controller"...

Any ideas ?

EDIT : My stupid mistake... don't forget to put your controller on USB mode for it to work ;D
« Last Edit: 08:09 AM - 04/04/21 by Lakusas »

Offline Garais

• View Profile
Hi!
I am expieriencing wierd glitch with xim on this beta release... Shift button not always registers..
Not keyboard.. Bought new one same problem..
Binded to deiferent key works function good..

Offline cdnclass111111

• View Profile
hi, i have the newest firmware flashed onto my apex, xbox series s up to date. using an xbox series s controller. and also running the beta manager. when i plug in keyboard and mouse they dont work. while using old xbox one controller it worked with old firmware. what am i missing? any help would be great, thanks
when i plug my xbox one controller in everything works fine if that can indicate anything, just with new controller not working.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
The controller may need a firmware update, be sure to have XIM disconnected while doing this.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/controller/update-xbox-wireless-controller

It's good that you have a working X1 controller to compare to. Testing the XS controller with another USB C data cable may help. If these two suggestions do not help then it would be a good idea to verify the controller is capable of talking to another device in wired mode.

This can be checked in a PC game or it's easy to check using just Windows.

To do this connect your controller to your PC. Wait a few moments for Windows to install drivers and prepare the device. Once finished press the Windows key and type 'set up usb game controllers' and continue to this selection.

Select the controller then click properties.

If you've made it this far the controller actions will be shown in this window. Pressing buttons and moving the analog sticks will be visible as shown in this picture.

Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin