XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20210223] [Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5]  (Read 75128 times)

Offline s2601d

• View Profile
Can anyone help, is "Hori Horipad Mini Pikachu & Eevee Green", "Hori Horipad Mini Pikachu Black/ Gold" and "Hori Horipad Mini - Super Mario Red" is same gamepad as Gamepad HORI Horipad Mini or no, cause they even looks little different.
Main question will they work with Xim on PS5 or i need exactly black one?

Offline SLeePLatED

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SLeePLatED-TH
Can anyone help, is "Hori Horipad Mini Pikachu & Eevee Green", "Hori Horipad Mini Pikachu Black/ Gold" and "Hori Horipad Mini - Super Mario Red" is same gamepad as Gamepad HORI Horipad Mini or no, cause they even looks little different.
Main question will they work with Xim on PS5 or i need exactly black one?

Not support, it must be playstation version only not nintendo switch
Platforms: PS5
XIM APEX + PSRC
Mouse: G502 X Plus
Mousepad: QcK+
Keypad: Wooting2 Lekker Edition
Monitor: Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ

Offline carsonlashlee

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: qtXerohh
do any of these 3rd party controllers have a headphone jack so i can use my headset along with the xim on PS5?

Online He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
do any of these 3rd party controllers have a headphone jack so i can use my headset along with the xim on PS5?

Nacon Compact Controller has a Headphone jack that works.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline jasonbigdick

• View Profile

I have Razer Raiju Tournament, the headphone jack mic doesn't work when connected to xim. So I buy USB Sound Card if for Party features.

Offline jonnyxtreme8842

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: jonnyxtreme8842
Hi,

my XIM Apex won't work.
Watched and read everything about the beta.

My Settings at my signature  8)
- Xbox Series S (Latest update)
- Manager Version 5.00.20210313 (Beta / Android)
- Firmware Version 5.00.2021100223 (Beta Xim Apex)
- Anker USB C Cable (working)
- Green lights flashing

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Hi,

my XIM Apex won't work.

What isn't working exactly?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline jonnyxtreme8842

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: jonnyxtreme8842
Hi,

my XIM Apex won't work.

What isn't working exactly?

Meanwhile i got it running!
Thx to all for the help!
- Xbox Series S (Latest update)
- Manager Version 5.00.20210313 (Beta / Android)
- Firmware Version 5.00.2021100223 (Beta Xim Apex)
- Anker USB C Cable (working)
- Green lights flashing

Offline OMG LAAAAAAG

• View Profile
Is there a bug with this beta regarding the flashing lights? I noticed on the regular firmware, 'turn off flashing light' notifications for exceeding turn speed works, however, on this beta version, that function appears to not be working anymore.

(Using the latest beta firmware and manager on Android)

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Is there a bug with this beta regarding the flashing lights? I noticed on the regular firmware, 'turn off flashing light' notifications for exceeding turn speed works, however, on this beta version, that function appears to not be working anymore.

(Using the latest beta firmware and manager on Android)

That's interesting. That shouldn't be the case but we can look into it. Thanks for reporting it.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Jamie0000

• View Profile
Once I get something like the nacon controller for ps5 games will it still work for PS4 games like apex or will I need to keep my DS4 handy when I want to play legacy games?

Online He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
You won't need to switch the Nacon controller when playing PS4/PS5 games, it works for both ^^
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline gyaku_tsuki

• View Profile
Scuf Vantage 2 worked for you? And this was playing the PS5 version of Cold War?

Yes, I can 100% confirm that plugging the Scuf Vantage 2 (discontinued) into the '...' port of the XIM Apex works for playing the PS5 version of CoD Cold War (I've been using for the past 2 weeks) which is great because whenever I attempted to use that controller plugged or paired with the PS5 it would ask for a DualSense instead.
(the other HORI controllers mentioned also worked, but plugging in an arcade stick / flight stick makes for a weird/messy setup lol)

XIM Apex the gift that keeps on giving ;)

huh thatís weird, for mine my XIM flashes purple lights, and it has major out of sync movements above 125hz. What polling rate do you play at and is your scuf the wireless or wired version? are you using the scuf vantage for mouse and keyboard authentication or to play with the controller on PS5 games?

Scuf Vantage 2 MW (wireless edition) toggled to wired mode and plugged in the 3rd port of the xim apex. I use it for both, play PS5 version of games that would otherwise prompt for a DualSense and also to authenticate a wireless kb and mouse at 3000dpi or lower and mouse sensitivity in the beta manager at 15~20 (anything above that dpi and sensitivity and it started to get a bit jumpy), kept the standard 125hz polling rate and haven't tried upping the polling rate as everything seemed smooth 'enough'.
I thought the flashing purple lights meant that you're hitting the maximum turn speed allowed in game which could explain the out of sync / disregard for any additional inputs above the limit.
Hope this helps!

Offline tsel

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: tsmj85
  • PSN ID: ts_
Hi,
I recently got my ps5 (Finaly) and felt the need to start using my Xim 4 again.
Ive read that it only supports with 3rd party device etc, so i bougth this. But it still doesnt seem to work
but that might be becuse its only a firmware out there for xim apex?
Is this true? So my xim4 is just trash atm?
This has prob. already been answered so sorry if its repeated question.

Best regards,

Offline FoxxWhiskeyTango

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: FoxxWhiskeyTango
I've tested out the Beta firmware with following setup on my PS5:

Hori Real Arcade Pro. V Hayabusa Fight Stick (PS4/PS3/PC)
Logitech G903 Hero Lightspeed mouse
Sony Move Navigation Controller

Tested this on Hitman 3 (demo) and Maneater (full game) - both PS5 versions - and happy to report that it was successful. I completed the training mission on the former, and just played around a bit on the latter to make sure all the buttons respond as desired.

Initially, I struggled to get the setup to work until I nearly gave up. Then I saw the note about plugging devices in a certain order and deduced the following:

Don't plug in the Sony Move Navigation Controller to the Xim Apex before you plug the Xim Apex to the PS5. If you leave it plugged in like I did (because the battery is dying/dead), you will get a "device not supported" error on the PS5 when you plug in the Xim Apex. Let the Xim Apex initialize first after plugging into the PS5, and then plug in the Navigation Controller.

(On the PS4, it was OK to keep everything plugged in to the Xim Apex before plugging into the PS4's USB port.)

Keeping the Hori Fight Stick plugged in on the Xim Apex before plugging into the PS5 appears to be OK.

So glad I don't have to buy a new third-party controller!

Good luck!

« Last Edit: 05:05 AM - 04/26/21 by FoxxWhiskeyTango »