XIM Community

[RESOLVED] I think I made a mistake  (Read 91 times)

Offline Fabghanistan

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Flowbuster
  • PSN ID: Fabghanistan
[RESOLVED] I think I made a mistake
« on: 05:48 AM - 02/23/21 »
Hi guys,

I think I never should made this purchase. Not because of the product, mine is just faulty and that can happen, but the thing is, I can just send it in for repairs, I live in The Netherlands and I bought it online from a vendor wich then luckely, had one.

The problem with my apex is the device itself. If i put it in a desktop or laptop (any one) I just keep it just right but 9 out of 10 times it would fail and therefore I can't do anything with it really. Aren't there any workarounds? Do people have the same issue as I have?

When I bought it, it was already always disconnecting but I never could of guessed this was the problem. Kinda expensive as well :-\
« Last Edit: 10:12 AM - 02/24/21 by mist4fun »

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I think I made a mistake
« Reply #1 on: 10:23 AM - 02/23/21 »
If i put it in a desktop or laptop (any one) I just keep it just right but 9 out of 10 times it would fail and therefore I can't do anything with it really.

To confirm, APEX needs to be held a specific way to stay on? If so, it sounds like physical stress on APEX's connector is affecting it's stability. Using a short extension between APEX and console can help prevent this kind of thing. Did it arrive like this and if so can you share where you purchased from?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Fabghanistan

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] I think I made a mistake
« Reply #2 on: 10:54 AM - 02/23/21 »
Thanks tot the reply. It didnt do that even i purchased it but in the console I had pretty much the same experience.

But I do have a small extension cord so I'll try it as soon as I can. The site I purchased it was jemico.nl

Thanks for the reply

Offline Fabghanistan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:16 PM - 02/23/21 »
Hi,

I checked it with a extension USB but the same problem. But now windows keeps giving errors so I'm afraid it is the device itself:(

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:38 PM - 02/23/21 »
I would contact the vendor about a return. I recommend purchasing direct or from a distributor from the shop page if you're able to. These units are tested before being boxed and sold as new.

Offline Fabghanistan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:47 AM - 02/24/21 »
I just spoken one of the salesman and they say it sound like the connector is loose. So they put a new one in it. Only thing I can do I suppose.

Online mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10:11 AM - 02/24/21 »
This may be best. You can request a repair through XIM but after shipping between countries it may be cost prohibitive. Working directly with your vendor may be more affordable.