XIM Community

[Q/A] Playing on max sens in game and XIM and is really slow  (Read 102 times)

Offline 14crossj

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xi-scrub
Playing max sensitivity in game and xim apex which is 500 and itís still slow
« Last Edit: 06:25 PM - 02/22/21 by OBsIV »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Playing on max sens in game and XIM and is really slow
« Reply #1 on: 06:25 PM - 02/22/21 »
What game are you playing?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline 14crossj

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: xi-scrub
Rainbow six

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Set your DPI to maximum in your mouseís on-board memory. Setting XIM APEX Sync to Common or Slow can also help with low DPI mice. Make sure in-game sensitivity is also set to max.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline devnull404

• View Profile
Hi, the same thing happens to me with a hero g502 in the division 2, I set it to maximum DPI in memory mouse and it is still slow, I only get it fast when I increase the sensitivity a lot in xim (above 40), but the light starts blink red as soon as I move the mouse. The speed with my PS4 controller is much faster than with the mouse. Some help? Thx!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Division 2 support is being updated now, this could be related. It does sound like you are reaching the game's turn speed limit too. Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM quickly flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that mouse movement is ignored and you may see less onscreen movement as a result. By either lowering your XIM sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay within or ride the turn speed limit without exceeding it should result in more onscreen movement.

Verifying that the in-game sensitivity is maxed may help too.

The speed with my PS4 controller is much faster than with the mouse. Some help? Thx!

When playing with the controller you are using an analog stick that can peg the stick at 100% continuously and can't exceed the turn speed limit. It makes full use of turning without any negative consequences. A mouse cannot do this on console. You can only swipe for a limited duration and if you exceed the turn speed limit you are may only be pegging the analog stick for a split second during the swipe and the rest of your movement is ignored by the game. This results in less movement on screen. By either lowering your XIM sensitivity or slowing your swipe speed to not exceed the turn speed limit you should see more on screen movement as a result.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline devnull404

• View Profile
Division 2 support is being updated now, this could be related. It does sound like you are reaching the game's turn speed limit too. Console games have a maximum speed that they allow you to turn. This will vary between games and is a limit set by the game developer. XIM quickly flashes red lights when you've reached the turn speed limit. If you continue moving faster than what the game allows then that mouse movement is ignored and you may see less onscreen movement as a result. By either lowering your XIM sensitivity or moving your mouse slower to stay within or ride the turn speed limit without exceeding it should result in more onscreen movement.

Verifying that the in-game sensitivity is maxed may help too.

The speed with my PS4 controller is much faster than with the mouse. Some help? Thx!

When playing with the controller you are using an analog stick that can peg the stick at 100% continuously and can't exceed the turn speed limit. It makes full use of turning without any negative consequences. A mouse cannot do this on console. You can only swipe for a limited duration and if you exceed the turn speed limit you are may only be pegging the analog stick for a split second during the swipe and the rest of your movement is ignored by the game. This results in less movement on screen. By either lowering your XIM sensitivity or slowing your swipe speed to not exceed the turn speed limit you should see more on screen movement as a result.

Thanks mist4fun for answering, I'll give you more details.
I play the division 2.

I have updated xim apex with the latest firmware.

I have the sensitivity of the game to the maximum, 20 and 20, just as the xim apex instructions say.

I configure my mouse memory. I have tried with DPI between 4000 and 20000 and more. I have also tested the mouse with 500hz and 1000hz.

In xim apex manager i have tried 500 hz and 1000 hz, always putting the same as in the mouse and activating the advanced configuration. I have tried different configurations that other users propose in the forum.

In all configurations my mouse for both, hip movement and aim donw sight, moves very very slow. To rotate 180 degrees I need several movements and several seconds. And if I increase the value of the sensitivity of the mouse, I only get it to go fast with very high values ​​and at those values ​​the red light flashes. If I return to more normal values ​​and the red light does not flash, the mouse is very slow.

I have asked for a mouse change, I am going to return the g502 hero and try a razer deathdeader v2, but I think the same will happen to me, I don't think it is a mouse problem.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Game support is outdated so this can have an effect on how translation feels now. Until updated support is available I recommend looking in the slow turning tips thread for how to retain small movement with faster turning.

Slow Turning Tips: https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66889.0
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos