XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Headset problems  (Read 64 times)

Offline Borninsin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jojojobo
[ACTIVE] Headset problems
« on: 01:28 PM - 02/22/21 »
Hi. Finally i bougth me an xim apex today and wow!! Its awesome. Only problem i got is that i cant get my headphones work properly.. I got sound but the microphone doesnt work?

Is there any guide how to setup headset on the xim?

I use xbox series x and a turtle beach headset with usb and aux. Usb plugged in to the xbox and aux in the monitor.

I also tried another headset with only a aux straight in the xbox controller but that is not working at all!

Thanks
« Last Edit: 05:45 PM - 02/22/21 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Headset problems
« Reply #1 on: 05:36 PM - 02/22/21 »
Welcome to the community. Chat passthrough for Xbox is plug and play aside from push to talk, do you have this enabled in your config? Also, does this setup work without XIM now?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Borninsin

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jojojobo
Re: [ACTIVE] Headset problems
« Reply #2 on: 03:28 AM - 02/23/21 »
Thanks! Yes, suddenly it worked straight in the controller with a cheap headset for 9$ headset i bought.

Do you know if its working with hyperx cloud 2 headset? I got one and it works with the xim not plugged in, but when i plug the controller to xim it starts a summing noice and can barely hear the game or my friends and they cant hear me?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] Headset problems
« Reply #3 on: 10:32 AM - 02/23/21 »
Could you try setting APEX to 125hz response rate, save, and reconnect to the console? Xbox has an audio bug that's only present in some apps when polling the controller higher than usual. If this helps then try raising response rate to as high as it will go without the problem. APEX will need to restart between changes.

Another step that could help is connecting audio equipment last, after APEX has finished starting up.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos