XIM Community

Sudden strange issues with PS5  (Read 245 times)

Offline Monostat7

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Monostat7
Sudden strange issues with PS5
« on: 12:58 AM - 02/22/21 »
Never had a problem with my Apex on PS4 or playing Ps4 games on PS5 until abut 2 weeks ago, when two issues started regularly popping up. First off, if I have to disconnect it for some reason, it will no longer reconnect unless I reboot the system or put it in rest mode and turn it back on, in which case it'll connect just fine again.

Secondly about 1 in 5 times I connect, i'll get this weird acceleration/lag that is very slight but it's just enough to make games feel really bad to play. This is also solved by restarting the console.

Anyone else experiencing this or know what might be causing it to happen?
« Last Edit: 10:24 AM - 02/23/21 by mist4fun »

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Sudden strange issues with PS5
« Reply #1 on: 07:43 AM - 02/22/21 »
Hey,

it could be a powerdraw issue that you run into, your controller might have discharged and when it goes into charging mode the XIM has to shut down to prevent damage. Try to charge your controller for a few hours by directly connecting it to the console.

As for the delay issue, that could be related to the game itself running in the PS4 compatibility mode. Try to google the issue together with the title of the game, or test if it also occurs with the controller (so without the XIM).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Monostat7

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Monostat7
Re: Sudden strange issues with PS5
« Reply #2 on: 08:04 PM - 02/22/21 »
Thanks for the reply.

But I should probably clarify that the PS4 controller is only used for the XIM and is always hard wired/charged.

The XIM itself actually does turn on when I plug it back in, at least as far as the lights indicate. it just don't get the prompt that I've connected a controller from the PS5 and cant use it. So afaik it's not a power thing. basically the PS5 only recognizes the XIM once per boot up is the problem. I used to be able to plug and unplug it whenever on both PS4 and PS5.