XIM Community

Moving from Venom x v2 to Xim Apex  (Read 939 times)

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
Moving from Venom x v2 to Xim Apex
« on: 08:58 AM - 02/18/21 »
Hi Guys!

So currently i have Ps5, venom x v2 adapter, and playing COD coldwar ps4 version on the ps5.

I just ordered my hori mini pad controller, and soon looking for a xim apex too, to transition to. Because i want to play cod the ps5 version with kb n mouse.

I have been using Venom x v2, since ps4 got rlsed, and i love the kb n mouse feeling in it and gotten very much used to it.
I have trid playing with nativ kb n mouse on the ps5, it was hard, and weird. couldnt find the right feeling.

So, does anyone have any experience going from venom x adapter to xim? i mean does it feel the same? or is it more " free feel " like on a pc.

Thanx!

Offline InZane

• Discord: InZane#9684
    • View Profile
Re: Moving from Venom x v2 to Xim Apex
« Reply #1 on: 02:02 AM - 02/20/21 »
I went from Venom Xv2 to Xim4 a few years ago then Xim Apex when it was released and I've never looked back. Everything is better with Xim, EVERYTHING
XIM APEX | PS5 | Xbox One X | Glorious Model O/Logitech G502 | QPAD MK-90 | Astro A40/Logitech G35 | BenQ 144hz

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:54 AM - 02/20/21 »
Good to hear my man. Did it take long time to find the right mouse feel from venom to xim? Or was it easy from default?

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:11 PM - 02/20/21 »
Awww... This reminds me of my very 1st post in this forum like a decade ago. It went something like this.

"Hey guys, I'm new here. I currently have the Aimon Elite (older version of the Venom). I'm looking to make a change, how would you rate XIM 3 vs. Aimon Elite?"

Overwhelming response from the XIM community... "Once you go XIM it's over, you'll never look back!"

Guess what, they were right. Now I can tell you the same, just like the many (and there are ALOT) that have already made the leap.

You won't be looking back. And not just because of performance. Yes XIM will out perform Venom in a pure @#$% whoop fashion. But there are many other attributes to this as well.
- The Community here is great, very active and very helpful. You won't be waiting days for an answer.
- Admin is also very engaged and supportive.
- You don't have to deal with some gorilla dude, Lol.  :o

Lastly, I'm here for you and that's a sure recipe for success.

Cheers! 
« Last Edit: 02:22 PM - 02/20/21 by RML »

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:36 PM - 02/20/21 »
You guys rock! I ordered my apex. Can't wait till it lands

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:06 PM - 02/20/21 »
The Apex is awesome. The devs do their absolute best to make the mouse movements feel as linear as the game and console will possibly allow. Don't see how another device could possibly beat it, the device is only limited by the capabilities of the console or game itself. Plus there's a great community of support, here.

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:03 AM - 02/25/21 »
Hi guys!

so i finally got my xim apex. and connected it to my ps5.- with hori mini gampad. fw updated to beta etc.
i instantly downloaded the cod cw config. and started tweaking it.
I used the xim central youtube video for cod coldwar configuration- the one with pc feel.
so far so i good i guess.
My venom mouse is set 3200 dpi. and 1000 hz pollen. likewise on xim manager with 1000 hz.
I definetly feel some sort of aim asssist in with xim compared to venomx before. when i aim on an enemy, coming from left to right. it slows down a bit when i am near the enemy. is that normal behaviour?

anything else i should adjust?

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:36 PM - 02/25/21 »
This video covers what each aim assist setting does. I recommend the Legacy option for XIM.

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:13 AM - 02/26/21 »
This video covers what each aim assist setting does. I recommend the Legacy option for XIM.

thanx buddy, I Actually changed to legacy before i saw your post. felt much more natural.

thanx!

So how about this fmj config everyone talking about? thats more fitted if you want a hard Aim assist right?

are you guys playing with 3000-4000 dpi? or playing on higere? i dont know if i should stick with my venom mouse, which can go up to 8000 dpi. or get a g502 hero

p.s , i thought xim central told us to keep the pollen rate same as the mouse and on the xim. so if  my mouse is 1000 hz, i should set it to 1000 hz on the xim too.
but im seing serveral configs where mouse is 1000 hz, and xim set to 500. doesnt that give mouse stutter?

Offline TurboMan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:30 PM - 02/27/21 »
thanx buddy, I Actually changed to legacy before i saw your post. felt much more natural.

thanx!

So how about this fmj config everyone talking about? thats more fitted if you want a hard Aim assist right?

are you guys playing with 3000-4000 dpi? or playing on higere? i dont know if i should stick with my venom mouse, which can go up to 8000 dpi. or get a g502 hero

p.s , i thought xim central told us to keep the pollen rate same as the mouse and on the xim. so if  my mouse is 1000 hz, i should set it to 1000 hz on the xim too.
but im seing serveral configs where mouse is 1000 hz, and xim set to 500. doesnt that give mouse stutter?

You mean MJFame? Yeah, that config gives a lot of aim assist. Feels really nice but you have to increase your sensitivity beyond what you'd normally play with.

Each DPI has its benefits and negatives, have a play around and see what you like.

As long as the mouse polling is higher than or equal to than XIM polling, you're good. Going higher ensures that every signal being sent to the XIM is at least 500hz, if you're running 1000 on mouse and 500 on XIM, for example.

Offline Blamer

• One Man Army | Since '07
    • View Profile
    • Archived Configs
  • Gamertag: Potism
  • PSN ID: Blamer
« Reply #10 on: 03:50 PM - 02/28/21 »
Good move! ;)
XIM Apex Configs
Black Ops 4
Cold War
Modern Warfare (2019)
Vanguard
Warzone (2021)

Discord: Blamer#7571
OBM: Mouse Profiles
Pastebin: More Configs
Platform: PS4, PS5 & PC

Offline Hurricane

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:38 PM - 03/03/21 »
The old venom mouse works fine.  I pulled mine out when my trinity bags went down.  Now Im using a g502 and its nice.  The side button setup is similar to the venom mouse so transitioning wasnt bad.

Offline Hurricane

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:40 PM - 03/03/21 »
Good move! ;)
Geez! The stats on your internet are insane.

Offline Sonicspinner

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:22 AM - 03/04/21 »
The old venom mouse works fine.  I pulled mine out when my trinity bags went down.  Now Im using a g502 and its nice.  The side button setup is similar to the venom mouse so transitioning wasnt bad.

yea i know. but only for playing ps4 games on ps5.
they recently updates the v4 with a patch so it works with hori minipad.

but no idea if they are going to update v2 yet,

Admin