XIM Community

My pc cant find my xim, please help!  (Read 163 times)

Offline maikeldejong88

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mike-88
My pc cant find my xim, please help!
« on: 11:40 AM - 02/17/21 »
Hee guys! Im new to the community.

I used to play with the xim on my ps4, never got problems.
Now i bought a PC en tried to set it up with my ps4 controller.
My Windows does recornize a USB ( makes sound ) but the xim doesnt work.

My K&M lights up but my controller light turns yellow. 
When i hold the PS button  my controller light is flashing white.

Got 2.0, 3.0, 3.1 and 3.0dac USB ports but nothing works.

And my xim manager on phone and pc finds my xim.

Anybody knows a solution?

Thanks already!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: My pc cant find my xim, please help!
« Reply #1 on: 11:53 AM - 02/17/21 »
Welcome to the community. XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to the possibility of PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

-

It's been mentioned by other members here that the DS4 controller is supported by some PC games (not all) and that either changing the input type in the game options (if game supports it) or changing the control input type in steam controller setup may help if using steam. I'm not familiar with these steps but I have noticed these issue reports don't seem to come from players using Xbox controllers so that's something to consider if you run into more issues.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline maikeldejong88

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Mike-88
« Reply #2 on: 11:59 AM - 02/17/21 »
Thanks for youre fast respons!

A friend of my bought a PC also and uses the same cables etc as me.
We got the same ps4 controller but this xim works.

We play warzone, this game gives you to play with controller but he doesnt recornize mine

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:10 PM - 02/17/21 »
Does the flash tool recognize APEX? Another possibility is the firmware could be out of date and not using the latest controller support. It's a manual update that uses a PC or Mac.

You can find the latest firmware below. Please read the instructions on the download page.

http://xim.tech/latest

-

The next logical thing to do is verify the controller is working in a PC game without APEX followed by verifying if this APEX is working on a supported platform with this controller.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 12:48 AM - 02/18/21 »
Warzone also requires that controller is selected as the input method in the game's settings.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ƑȒƐƐĿǾ

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:57 PM - 02/22/21 »
Or how about just donít use XIM on pc and use the native mouse and keyboard instead

Offline alexsunny123

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:22 AM - 02/25/21 »
Welcome to the community. XIM does not support PC as a gaming platform but some players have been able to use XIM in their PC game by using a Microsoft wireless Xbox One controller with their XIM. Third party controllers are not supported.

With that said you may encounter performance issues using XIM on a PC due to the possibility of PC game look mechanics being different from their console versions. Using APEX at 1000hz on PC may cause performance issues as well. Using APEX at 125hz on PC may be required.

-

It's been mentioned by other members here that the DS4 controller is supported by some PC games (not all) and that either changing the input type in the game options (if game supports it) or changing the control input type in steam controller setup may help if using steam. I'm not familiar with these steps but I have noticed these issue reports don't seem to come from players using Xbox controllers so that's something to consider if you run into more issues.

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Admin