XIM Community

Polling rate question  (Read 157 times)

Offline BigC

• View Profile
Polling rate question
« on: 08:17 AM - 02/11/21 »
Hi, quick question: got the Logitech G502 hero and been playing on 1000 hz just did a polling rate test and my averages were between 960 and 990. Does it make sense to use 1000 hz or go lower towards 500 hz on the xim apex? Thanks!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Polling rate question
« Reply #1 on: 10:09 PM - 02/11/21 »
Most mice won't hold their reported max polling rate.

Personally, I set the mouse to 100Hz and XIM APEX to 500Hz Response Rate. That way, max mouse polling variance doesn't matter as APEX will report at a solid 500Hz to the console and filter out the overhead.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline shthappensbro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08:45 AM - 02/24/21 »
Most mice won't hold their reported max polling rate.

Personally, I set the mouse to 100Hz and XIM APEX to 500Hz Response Rate. That way, max mouse polling variance doesn't matter as APEX will report at a solid 500Hz to the console and filter out the overhead.

Doesn't that mass up ur movement i seen that somewhere and they said different pulling rates would make ur aim unstable for the xim ? And what is ur titan two pulling rates set to ? With those ?

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:32 AM - 02/24/21 »

Doesn't that mass up ur movement i seen that somewhere and they said different pulling rates would make ur aim unstable for the xim ? And what is ur titan two pulling rates set to ? With those ?

Only if the XIM polling is higher than the mouse polling. If the mouse polling is higher than the XIM then you can be assured that, for example if you set 1000 on the mouse and 500 on the XIM, then every movement is sent to the XIM at 500hz or above, the XIM then just sends it through the controller at 500, so to speak.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 12:44 AM - 02/25/21 »
Titan Two can be left at 1000Hz, but I match XIMís RR to T2ís Input & Output Polling rate. So, 1000Hz on the mouse, 500Hz on XA and T2.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Admin