XIM Community

May I have a controller supporting list on PC?  (Read 339 times)

Offline MadDDr

• View Profile
I have a ps4 controller and a 3rd party xb 360 controller. Want to use xim apex on pc. The kb and mouse work fine but the controller seems undetectable when I plug them on the dock.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: May I have a controller supporting list on PC?
« Reply #1 on: 12:10 PM - 02/10/21 »
Welcome to the community. As PC isn't a supported platform for XIM APEX, the only controller that we know works is Xbox One since it's what we use for factory validation tests.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline MadDDr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:31 AM - 02/14/21 »
Welcome to the community. As PC isn't a supported platform for XIM APEX, the only controller that we know works is Xbox One since it's what we use for factory validation tests.

Thanks for the reply. Are you suggesting a wired controller or wireless?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 01:27 PM - 02/14/21 »
All Xbox One controllers are both wireless and wired. You just plug in a USB cable into it to make it become wired.

Offline MadDDr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:03 PM - 02/14/21 »
All Xbox One controllers are both wireless and wired. You just plug in a USB cable into it to make it become wired.

Thank you so much! Will try.

Offline MadDDr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12:27 PM - 02/15/21 »

I got a xb one controller today and tried it on pc.
Firstly I upgrade the newest firmware. Then I tried such things with Apex legend and COD warzone:
I tried 3 ways to plug XIM in:
1. Plug directly. Red light shows. Controller can be lighted up and detected by both games. Maneger shows Failure writing XIM APEX[6]
2. Plug while holding the button. the light became blue, controller can't be lighted up, xim manager shows communication size failure.
3. Plug in directly and press the button suddenly after plugging.  The light blink and finally becomes red. Controller can be lighted up, manager can connect with XIM, but in both game, there are no controller detected.
May I have more suggestions to make the thing work? If cannot, I will give it up then.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 12:35 PM - 02/15/21 »
Are you trying to run Manager in wired mode on your PC and game on your PC using XIM APEX at the same time?

Offline 2trikky

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:24 PM - 02/15/21 »
I use a ps4 controller with the xim on PC ever since apex legends came out. Works fine for me. Using it now on Warzone no problem

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 04:23 AM - 02/16/21 »
Xbox 360, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and DualShock 4 controllers all work with XIM APEX on PC, but it depends on the game you're playing.

Steam requires changes to the controller settings. Some games need a controller to be selected in their settings. Others require the controller to be plugged in after starting the game.

Ultimately, PC is not a supported platform for XIM, so you'll need to experiment to find out what does and doesn't work for the game you're playing. If a game provides support for Xbox Wireless or DualShock 4 controllers, you should get XIM working.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline MadDDr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:16 AM - 02/16/21 »
Are you trying to run Manager in wired mode on your PC and game on your PC using XIM APEX at the same time?

yes, that's what I was doing.

Offline MadDDr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09:17 AM - 02/16/21 »
I use a ps4 controller with the xim on PC ever since apex legends came out. Works fine for me. Using it now on Warzone no problem
May I know how you plug in the XIM?

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 10:14 AM - 02/16/21 »

This isn't supported. When you connect to your XIM via wired mode, your XIM goes into a configuration only mode. You can't use it for gaming while you are using wired configuration mode.

Offline MadDDr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01:31 PM - 02/16/21 »

This isn't supported. When you connect to your XIM via wired mode, your XIM goes into a configuration only mode. You can't use it for gaming while you are using wired configuration mode.
I changed to use APP, now works! But it only works with my ps4 controller.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #13 on: 04:04 PM - 02/16/21 »
Be sure to use a USB cable that has data support with your Xbox controller. Most retail USB cables are designed to charge phones and tablets and are power only. Likewise, Xbox Play & Charge cables donít support data.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline MadDDr

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:00 PM - 02/17/21 »
Be sure to use a USB cable that has data support with your Xbox controller. Most retail USB cables are designed to charge phones and tablets and are power only. Likewise, Xbox Play & Charge cables donít support data.
I see.... That's why.