XIM Community

PS5 Games + XIM Apex + Hori Mini Wired controller is working  (Read 394 times)

Offline TYS__

• View Profile
Saw a similar post to this by member @ottie144.

Received the controller today from Amazon. Followed instructions found on the BETA XIM Firmware thread.
I let the XIM first initialize by plugging it into the PS5, waiting for steady yellow light.
Then proceeded to plug in Hori controller, then keyboard and mouse.

Works flawlessly. Thank god, because I was getting really tired of the Remote Play method lol.
Shoutout to the devs for continuing to support their hardware! 

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Welcome to the community. How did Remote Play work for you, by the way? How was latency?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ottie144

• View Profile
I'm glad it worked well for you :) it's still working for me.

Offline TYS__

• View Profile
Welcome to the community. How did Remote Play work for you, by the way? How was latency?

For the most part, the latency was pretty good. Especially if your PS5 + PC/Mac is plugged into Ethernet.
But I also had the experience of neither console or PC being plugged into ethernet and that was a bit rough. Again, for the most part, you'd hardly tell it's Remote Play but occasionally I'd move mouse right and there would be a full 360 or like 180 because the move signal gets sent multiple times, or the single move signal gets dragged out (it's likely the latter one).

I hope this makes sense. Regardless, if you aren't playing FPS, remote play can be the main way to use XIM. Shout out to you and your team. 

Offline TYS__

• View Profile
I'm glad it worked well for you :) it's still working for me.

Thank you for your original post! Helped me tons figuring out what to buy.