XIM Community

Xim Apex and Razer Tartarus  (Read 1454 times)

guinness751

Xim Apex and Razer Tartarus
« on: 03:30 AM - 01/25/21 »
Good morning, I have just joined your community although I am not yet the owner of a Xim product. However, I look forward to joining you on that front soon too.

I have just moved from a PS4 to a PS5 and fully understand the challenges of support the next gen console however, as I mostly play CoD: Warzone (which is a PS4 game) this is not a major issue just yet.

So, I've always played with a controller (recently a Scuff) and whilst I can hold my own, I've never been great and want to improve my gameplay and thought keyboard and mouse is the way forward. I am looking at a Xim Apex however, I am not interested in a full keyboard and wondered if anyone here can comment on the Razer Tartarus (V2 or Pro) and how it works with the Xim? I will probably pair it with a Razer mouse because I'm anal and need these things to match.

The added benefit when the PS5 is fully supported is that I'd like to use the Scuff Impact for my PS5 games as well as I miss the back paddles so much.

Thank you in advance

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim Apex and Razer Tartarus
« Reply #1 on: 04:45 AM - 01/25/21 »
Razer Tartarus works fine on XIM APEX. Note that the Tartarus' thumbpad is digital rather than analog, so the device is intended for WASD movement. If this is what you want, Tartarus is an excellent device, the only other caveat being the switches on the V2 are clicky and quite noisy.

If you're after a XIM-compatible device similar to Tartarus but with an analog thumbstick for movement, check out Azeron Compact.

If you're deadset on a Razer mouse, only two are worth considering - Viper (preferably Ultimate) and Deathadder V2.

Logitech sports a range of great mice to pair with a XIM, if you're not a sucker for the Razer logo. Likewise, you'll find equally good mice from Steelseries, Glorious, Xtrfy, Zowie etc. Check out the top 40 mice at https://rocketjumpninja.com. All of them should work well with XIM APEX.
« Last Edit: 05:10 AM - 01/25/21 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

guinness751

« Reply #2 on: 06:17 AM - 01/25/21 »
Thanks for your advice.

I'm not dead set on a Razer mouse so I will certainly check out some of the other options. There is just so much to consider and at the end of the day, all I really I want is something that works well.

I had not seen that Azeron alternative before and I have to say it looks pretty cool. As I am going to have 're-learn' gameplay regardless of which option i choose this might be another option.

Thanks again

Offline Maxxgold

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Maxxgold
  • PSN ID: Maxxgold
« Reply #3 on: 08:30 AM - 01/25/21 »
Good morning, I have just joined your community although I am not yet the owner of a Xim product. However, I look forward to joining you on that front soon too.

I have just moved from a PS4 to a PS5 and fully understand the challenges of support the next gen console however, as I mostly play CoD: Warzone (which is a PS4 game) this is not a major issue just yet.

So, I've always played with a controller (recently a Scuff) and whilst I can hold my own, I've never been great and want to improve.

Thank you in advance

Do yourself a favor now, and get a Sony Navigation controller to go with whatever mouse you choose. I would recommend a G502 :). If you are already used to using a controller, then the Sony Navigation controller will marry perfectly with a mouse, to make you a much better player.
[Instructional Videos]
http://xim.tech/instructional-videos/

[HOW TO FIND YOUR PERFECT XIM SENSITIVITY]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60845.0

[Xim Apex Manager & Firmware]
http://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60725.0

[Console Controller Crossover]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_X_ntzv_zc

(My Current Setup)
-Xim Apex
-G502 set @ 1000Hz Polling and 12,000DPI
-Sony Navigation Controller
-Razer Black Widow Stealth V1 Keyboard (used sparingly)

Offline SwxftGodz

• 800/3200 dpi.Accuracy is Key
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: SwxftGodz
« Reply #4 on: 02:34 AM - 01/26/21 »
Thanks for your advice.

I'm not dead set on a Razer mouse so I will certainly check out some of the other options. There is just so much to consider and at the end of the day, all I really I want is something that works well.

I had not seen that Azeron alternative before and I have to say it looks pretty cool. As I am going to have 're-learn' gameplay regardless of which option i choose this might be another option.

Thanks again

Razer has the worst mice. Get a Logitech for the cleanest inputs to your xim. Most of poll constantly at 1K anyways.I have a azeron compact I used to use it, tbh kbm movement is just 🤗🤗AWESOME WASDG HD ASH MF. The things you can do by just pressing letters ahhh itís great🤣 the azeron kept having me trying to use Emmy fingers on wasd which arenít there lol and youíll have to retrain your thumb to move in a odd direction. I didnít want to bother with the ďoffsetĒ option inside of azeron software( that how you tune your analog to be straight for the device) to me I just couldnít get it stick with me , I went back to kbm and havenít switched. For your mouse go with a G502 of your tryna be cheap and if you have money to blow then get a G pro wireless, can never go wrong with no wires attatached, you can swipe on your wall if wanted too😅😂
SwxftGodz

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: greeno85
  • PSN ID: greeno85
« Reply #5 on: 07:40 AM - 01/28/21 »
I had a Tartarus Pro with the Optical switches. Sent that baby straight back. I hated the weird arch it made my hands try and do when playing. The wrist rest is adjustable but it was either too close or too far. In my opinion a good keyboard (if your playing at a desk) is the way to go (unless you are a controller person then get a NAV). One interesting point to take into consideration is that using a NAV will increase the aim assist in  comparison to using a keyboard. I've hot a G915 Lightspeed which I use with the G502 lightspeed mouse which is pretty much FPS nirvana in my opinion. I second what someone said earlier about Logitech products, they are very good. Also, even though Logitech GHUB can be frustrating, its a @#$% site better than Razer Synapse 3 which is utter dogsh*t.

Offline guinness750

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: guinness750
« Reply #6 on: 04:11 AM - 01/29/21 »
Thanks to all for your advice. So, having considered all here is my new plan;

Iíve always been a controller player so I am going to opt for the NAV however, Iím also a sofa gamer so to create usable mouse space Iím going to get a Corsair K63 Lapboard with the Wireless keyboard so Iíll have a keyboard option anyway. I have decided to bin off the razed products, particularly the Tartarus.

I guess the mouse is the most critical to this setup so Iíve spend the most time considering this and in the end Iíve chosen the Logitech g pro x superlight (although cannot get one for love more money right now so Iíll have to wait).

Thanks again and be prepared for my next series of posts which will be getting the whole lot set up haha.

Cheers

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 05:19 AM - 01/29/21 »
Viper Ultimate is very highly rated to use with a XIM, so I wouldnít rule out that option.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline guinness750

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:34 AM - 01/29/21 »
Viper Ultimate is very highly rated to use with a XIM, so I wouldnít rule out that option.

That was my other option and all the reviews and comparisons are so close. To be fair, if the Logitech doesnít come in to stock soon it will be the Razer anyway. Iíve ordered everything else including the Xim now so Iím not patient enough to wait it out.

Cheers

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:45 AM - 01/30/21 »
Iíve just ordered myself a ASUS ROG Falchion keyboard for the couch gaming sessions.
Itís a 65% keyboard and looks pretty sweet.

Offline guinness750

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:10 PM - 01/31/21 »
Iíve just ordered myself a ASUS ROG Falchion keyboard for the couch gaming sessions.
That looks cool mate

Offline greeno85

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02:49 AM - 02/01/21 »
That looks cool mate

Arrived yesterday, its really nice. Would recommend to people that want a slimmed down keyboard and cant quite get on with the NAV.

Admin