XIM Community

XIM APEX BETA [Firmware 20210129] [Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 5] (**LATEST**)  (Read 25639 times)

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Please try without an extension cable at all. We need to reduce things down until we find the reason behind the problem.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Kostas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kostas
Im loving it no disconnects what so ever  xim apex connected with nacon and cronus zen connected with hori mini no disconnects im
Enjoyying to the max Thanks for the Beta obsiv

Offline Hoopz

• View Profile
Please try without an extension cable at all. We need to reduce things down until we find the reason behind the problem.
Playing without the extension cord was fine at first. No issues. Then, when playing with friends via Xbox party chat, it crashed multiple times during BOCW.  Leaving the Xbox party and using in game party chat caused more crashes.

Based on the audio noise before it crashes, could it be the headset or party chat? I'm using the Xbox controller with the headset plugin adapter with a HyperX Cloud II headset.

Edit:. I switched to the Series X controller so I can eliminate the adapter. I'll let you know if it crashes again.
« Last Edit: 08:37 PM - 02/14/21 by Hoopz »

Offline Hoopz

• View Profile
Playing without the extension cord was fine at first. No issues. Then, when playing with friends via Xbox party chat, it crashed multiple times during BOCW.  Leaving the Xbox party and using in game party chat caused more crashes.

Based on the audio noise before it crashes, could it be the headset or party chat? I'm using the Xbox controller with the headset plugin adapter with a HyperX Cloud II headset.

Edit:. I switched to the Series X controller so I can eliminate the adapter. I'll let you know if it crashes again.
The Series X controller does the same thing. The Apex doesn't show a white solid light but it disconnects my controller, keyboard and mouse with the headset plugged into either the 3.5mm input or the headset adapter.

Should I try a new USB hub? A new headset?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Ok this only happens now if audio is in use?

Offline Hoopz

• View Profile
I believe so. I don't recall any time the Apex has disconnected the controller except when I'm in a game and chatting with friends.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
What update rate are you running at? Can you drop to 125Hz if you haven't already? Knowing how that affects things will help.

Offline Hoopz

• View Profile
I've been at 1000 but I'll drop to 125 and update once I get back on.

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CallouS
Ok I've given up and I dont wanna wait anymore. What exactly do I have to purchase to get mouse and key working on ps5 games I need to buy an apex and what else is needed exactly and please explain how to get it to work if that's possible.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
Ok I've given up and I dont wanna wait anymore. What exactly do I have to purchase to get mouse and key working on ps5 games I need to buy an apex and what else is needed exactly and please explain how to get it to work if that's possible.

You'll need a XIM Apex, You'll need to update it to the latest beta firmware & you will need a licensed 3rd Party PS4 controller like the Nacon Compact Controller.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Bananabrian

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: CallouS

You'll need a XIM Apex, You'll need to update it to the latest beta firmware & you will need a licensed 3rd Party PS4 controller like the Nacon Compact Controller.
any nacon controller works because I see some ranging from 200 to 60 bucks

Offline stschoen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bo-bo-dad
There  is a list of tested controllers on the first page of this thread. I'm using a Hori mini gamepad which works fine if you don't mind having to connected after the XIM has initialized

Offline stschoen

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: bo-bo-dad
Just updated from 2021215 to 20210129. Using Hori minigamepad on PS5 with a Logitech G700 and Redragon gaming keypad. Other than having to connect the Hori after the XIM has initialized, this version is working as well as the last one. Thanks for all your hard work.

Offline kokopinos

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kokopinos
Do these 3rd party controllers allow the xim to work with any ps5 title? Will it work with upcoming titles like God of War 2?

Offline MaGooseIsLoose

• View Profile
Anyone tried the Raiju Ultimate?